four

-Chapter Four-

Later that day, I found myself in the same café where Calum and I had spoken the day before.

It could've been the coffee here that kept me from having those bad dreams, but that was very unlikely.

"Are you alright?" A voice behind me asked.

I turned around to see a tall girl with red hair and light blue eyes that were locked on my green eyes.

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

"I mean you've been sitting there for a couple hours just doing well-nothing. You haven't even ordered something." The girl said.

"Oh, I'm fine. Just um-thinking." I said pulling on a forced smile.

The girl nodded and took a seat at the table behind me.

I sat in silence for a few more minutes before the girl turned around in her seat and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Yes?" I sighed.

"Can I buy you a coffee?" The girl smiled.

"Oh, you don't have to-" I started.

"But I want to." The girl cut me off.

"Why?" I asked.

She shrugged, "it's something about you-I don't know what."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Was she there when Annette had shot herself?

"I guess that's alright then, thank you." I smiled.

"I'm Emma." The girl smiled holding out her hand.

"Fay." I said returning the smile.

Emma sat up from her seat and went to order us some coffees as I sat still in my seat.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to thank Emma for the coffee, but when I turned around nobody was there.

I turned back around to face the right way and that's when I saw her again.

Her blonde hair was let loose and her eyes were the same dark brown I had seen the night of her death and the dark bags were still there.

She flashed me a small smile which quickly faded as I screamed in terror.

It was the bus ride all over again.

I felt all the eyes in the room lock on me as Emma raced towards me to see what was going on.

"Fay-Fay, are you alright?" She spoke softly resting her hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, calming down at the thought of Annette being nothing other then just an illusion.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered. "It was just-I mean it was nothing."

Emma nodded before speaking, "you have a lot to tell me."

I nodded quickly.

"I have a lot to tell a lot of people."

+++++++

My time at the café came to an end as Emma waved to me goodbye.

"Whenever you need me." She smiled, "I'm here."

I nodded and thanked her for the coffee before making my way home.

Just as I made a turn into my street my phone began to buzz.

I swiped the screen of my phone and raised it up to my ear.

"Fay speaking." I said into the phone.

"It's Calum, meet me at the bus stop in ten minutes." A familiar Australian voice spoke from the other end of the line.

"That sounded more like a demand then an invitation." I smirked.

"Fine, will you please meet me at the bus stop in ten minutes?" Calum groaned into the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "whatever we're doing it better be good because it'll take a long walk to get there."

Calum laughed as he spoke, "it will be I swear."

I sighed and hung my phone up and dropped it in my pocket, turning around back to the bus stop.

+++++++

I waited around the bus stop waiting for Calum to turn up.

"Fay." Calum's familiar Australian accent spoke softly behind me.

I turned around to see Calum leaning on the bus stop sign with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Oh so bad ass." I laughed.

Calum rolled his eyes, "shut up."

"Where are we going?" I groaned.

"Out." Calum smirked.

"Could you be more descriptive?" I smiled.

Calum shook his head and smirked once more, "be patient."

I rolled my eyes and followed him to wherever the hell we were going.

++++++++

The whole walk Calum and I were completely silent.

Not a word was uttered between us.

I took a glance at the time on my phone before having seconds thoughts about following Calum.

"It's getting pretty late." I spoke.

"It is." Calum replied.

"We should head-" I started.

"No." Calum cut me off. "It'll be worth it I promise."

I shuddered at the realization that we were on the same deserted street in which Annette was shot.

"Calum please." I said begging to get impatient.

"Fay." Calum started. "Trust me."

That's when we passed the blood stained concrete floor and that's when I began to panic.

"CALUM." I cried.

"Fay?" He said, a hint of worry in his voice.

I held into his arm and didn't dare to let go. "Pl-please just hurry up." I stuttered.

Calum nodded and slipped his hand into mine, guiding me towards a small locked gate.

"I'll give you a boost if you'd like." Calum offered.

"It's okay." I said, grabbing a hold of the gate and lifting myself over it with ease.

Calum came over the gate almost immediately after me.

"Now close your eyes." Calum directed.

I followed his instructions as he grabbed my hand and led me forward.

"Now open your eyes." Calum instructed.

Obeying him, I opened my eyes.

"A swing?" I giggled.

Calum shrugged, "I like swings."

I laughed at his response and went to take a seat on the swing, Calum following close behind me and taking a seat by the swing next to me.

"You know I've noticed something about you." Calum smiled.

"What is that?" I replied.

"That you're weird." Calum chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and started to swing my feet back and forth.

"But that's okay because I'm weird too." Calum added.

"Do you ever just wonder?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Calum asked.

"I mean wonder about everything." I clarified.

"Well yeah, everyone wonders. What do you wonder about?" Calum questioned.

"Everything." I shrugged.

"Care to be a bit more descriptive?" Calum laughed.

"Well I mean I wonder how everyday people are able to just ignore the fact that we live in a completely broken world. I wonder why such good people have to suffer because of such horrible pain. I wonder why people have to die." I blurted.

"You wonder a lot." Calum sighed, "but we all tend to wonder things like that, it's just something that we come with. It's what makes us who we are."

I looked at Calum and smiled.

"You know my mom told me that she always thought I would meet someone special to fix me." I said.

"Oh really?" Calum smiled.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I don't think you need to be fixed." Calum said.

"You seem perfect to me."

+++++++

[ A/N ] : I'm actually rlly sorry bc I hated this chapter a lot tbh. I feel like it could've been better and I'm sorry if u hated it. It'll get more interesting later on so stick around.

Anyways...I can't update tomorrow probably bc I'm on vacation but I'll try my hardest. Maybe in that time I'll be able to come up with a way to make chapter 5 much better. xX

ANYWAYS I HOPE U ALL HAD A LOVELY CHRISTMAS

PLS [COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE]

I LOVE YOU ALL THANK U FOR READING.

xoxo,
K