eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

| Fay |

Calum sat across from me with his arms crossed over his chest and his bare feet resting on my lap.

"What are couples supposed to do?" Calum questioned.

I shrugged, "I've only had one boyfriend before you and all we really did was well-I don't even remember."

"Yeah." Calum sighed, "Annette and I usually just talked about stuff." 

I glanced at Calum as he tensed up at the mention of Annette. I reached across and softly stroked Calum's cheek, "It's okay." 

Calum looked up and relaxed a bit as he flashed me a weak smile.

"Go visit your friends." I smiled, "Just because I'm your girlfriend doesn't mean you have to waste your time being bored with me."

"But I like being bored with you." Calum whined.

"Calum-" I started.

"Fine, fine-but I want you to come." Calum said. "You still haven't met Michael and Luke and that really bothers me." 

"I don't want them to think I'm clingy." I said.

"They won't." Calum assured me.

- - - - - - - -

I sat in the passenger seat of Calum's car as I looked over at Ashton's house.

"Ashton will be there?" I asked.

"It's his house, of course he is." Calum laughed.

"Who were the other two again?" I questioned nervously.

"Luke and  Michael, okay they won't hurt you. They're just two stupid ass teenagers okay and plus Luke brings a new girl like everyday." Calum laughed as he grabbed my hand and led me out of the car.

I cautiously walked behind Calum as he led me to Ashton's front door.

It wasn't that I was afraid of Calum's friends, it was more like I was afraid of Calum's friends thinking I was one of those self conceded girls that always had to be with their boyfriends or they would freak out.

Yeah, that's what I was afriad of.

"Just take a deep breath." Calum smiled, "if anything, you'll hate them because their fucking annoying sometimes."

I gave Calum a nervous laugh to assure I was okay with the current situation we were in but obviously, I was brittle.

Calum gently opened up the door as he intertwined our fingers and walked us down to the basement. 

"Don't you knock?" I laughed but Calum just shrugged, "we've been best friends for as long as I can remember, obviously not." 

"Calum mate!" Ashton's giggly voice exclaimed, "oh and Fay, hey Fay."

"Hi." I smiled.

"Who the hell is Fay?" A deep Australian accent asked.

"My girlfriend." Calum smirked.

"Shit, Cal got a girlfriend before me?" another voice exclaimed in disbelief. "not fair."

And that's when the two familiar boys from the party appeared in sight.