twenty

Chapter Twenty
Fay's POV ☠♡

Days had past since Hailey first crashed at my house and she hadn't even considered the thought of leaving.

I never thought of it as a bad thing, but I could tell by the scowl on my mother's face when she saw Hailey's things, that she didn't like the idea of her staying forever.

I knew that eventually I would have to make her go home because of my mom, but I just didn't have the heart to do it.

"Have you ever done something astounding?" Hailey asked me, catching me off guard.

"It depends what you mean by that."
I stated blankly.

"Like-move out, live on your own for once? You know be independent." Hailey added.

"Well, I never set my mind on moving out until now, so no." I said.

"How have you never thought about moving out?" Hailey gasped.

"I guess it just never crossed my mind." I shrugged.

"Well there must be a lot of pretty messed up things going on in your mind if you never had the time to think about living on your own." Hailey chuckled softly.

My mind automatically was locked on Annette but, I just took a deep breath and shrugged it off.

"Not really." I lied.

"Well we need to change that." Hailey announced.

"Are you suggesting we move out?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes at Hailey.

"Think about it kid, no moms, just us."
Hailey smiled.

"My mom would never accept." I said, shaking my head.

"Oh please, she would do anything to keep me away from her house." Hailey smiled.

"Okay maybe, but where the hell would we find the money for an apartment?" I reminded her, "neither of us have jobs."

"We'll get some." Hailey shrugged.

"Okay Hailey, you really should start thinking things out more. We can't just magically get jobs and then an apartment just like that." I stated, rolling my eyes. "It takes months of planning, preparing."

"Okay hey-we could have like a third roommate or something. You know someone who already has an apartment, who would be willing to share the place with us as long as we split the rent." Hailey suggested.

"I don't know anyone with an apartment." I groaned.

"Come on, think. You have to know someone, I would suggest some people but I don't think they'd be great choices." Hailey said.

That's when it hit me.

"Emma." I blurted.

"Who?" Hailey questioned.

"Emma." I repeated, "she's a friend of mine, a couple weeks ago she was offering a room for me in her apartment and I told her I'd consider her offer."

"Seems like a cool chick." Hailey stated, "you think she'll let me crash?"

"If you pay some of the rent, I don't see why not." I shrugged.

"Perfect. Now um-call her maybe?" Hailey suggested.

"I have to consult with my mom first. I can't just randomly move out without telling her." I reminded Hailey, "and by knowing her, I know it'll take some time to convince her."

"Okay, just do it quick because my mom is on the verge of kicking me our and so is your mom and I really don't plan on being homeless." Hailey said.

~

"Please mom." I begged.

"Fay, you barely know the girl." My mother cried, with annoyance clear in her tone.

"Mom, she's my friend." I said, "she won't hurt me."

"She could pressure you into being things I don't want you to be." My mother sighed.

"Mom, I'm eighteen, I'm going to leave wether you like it or not. I was just giving you a heads up." I said.

"But Fay, you can't just randomly decide you're moving out of the blue." My mom whined, "that's unprofessional."

"I'm not going to leave right away. I'm just going to plan it out with Emma and Hailey and stuff. It won't be official for a couple of weeks." I stated.

"Okay, one one condition."
My mom said.

"Okay." I nodded.

"You have to visit and I don't want you abandoning me." My mother said.

"I would never." I smiled, pulling my mother into a hug.

Of all the reasons my mother could have thought of for not wanting me to leave, I never thought forgetting her would be one of them.

Of course I wouldn't forget her.

She was the only person who gave me a chance after I went completely insane after seeing Annette die.

She was the only one who knew I feared the world.

She was the only one who knew me and the bond between us was something I would never replace.

"Don't ever think that I will either," I added, "because I won't."

"Of course you won't." My mother smiled as she pressed her lips softly against my forehead. "Insane or not, you will always be my little girl."

I smiled and nodded, "always."

~

It had been an hour since I called Emma and to my relief, she gladly accepted to make room for Hailey and I.

I thought of her being a little more difficult about letting Hailey in but to my surprise, she was completely generous about it.

But it was mostly because she needed all the help she could get with her rent.

"You know my mom used to always tell me that I was going to end up on the streets." Hailey grinned, "and for once, she was wrong."

I laughed, "and you were right."

"When do you think we can officially move in?" Hailey asked.

"Weeks from now," I answered, "like I said before, moving in is a little more complicated then you'd think."

"Probably." Hailey shrugged, "you know you never introduced me to that little boyfriend of yours."

I smiled, "you'll meet him one day."

"Is he likable?" Hailey asked.

"The most likable person on the planet." I nodded

~

Yay update. Sorry it sucks really bad I just didn't know what to do, this was supposed to be more of a filler update because I just couldn't really see Fay living with her mom anymore.

Anyways, yeah IK it's bad but please stick around, I'll make it better, I promise.

10 votes, 5 comments: next update.