five

-Chapter 5-

That night with Calum had went pretty well, basically the whole time all we did was just talk about ourselves. That night I learned that Calum had one older sister and was actually Kiwi and Scottish.

However. he grew up in Sydney and moved to America when he was about 15 years old. As much as Calum told me, I wasn't completely open about myself towards him.

I left out everything about the whole Annette situation. I just wasn't ready to share that side of myself. Although I didn't share some personal details about myself to Calum, I did tell him some basic facts about myself.

So the night ended up going pretty good. Even though nothing really romantic occured, I considered seeing that night as a 'date.'

On my walk home I was completely oblivious to the fact that this was around the same time that Annette had died, which was a good sign.

++++++++

That night was different. I laid calmly in my bed, under my comfortable sheets staring up at the ceiling.

I shut my eyes trying my hardest to just forget about everything and sleep but it was no use.

I climbed out of bed and through my window, into my roof.

"Hey Annette." I spoke softly looking up at the stars that glistened beautifully in the sky.

"It's kind of funny you know, I never even knew you. But your death impacted me so much, seeing you in such horrible conditions. It made feel like I knew you my whole life and whenever I think of you I just break down a little bit. But I've even getting better, my dreams aren't so repetitive anymore. I don't know why but, I'm getting a little better."

The sound of branches scratching against each other and leaves scattering around on the pavement was the only reply I got.

But surprisingly it's the only sound I needed.

It made me feel like someone was there.

Someone who cared.

A response was all I needed.

I smiled once more at the stars and climbed back into my bedroom and walked towards my bed.

I tucked myself in under my sheets and attempted closing my eyes once more.

However, it was the same thing.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't sleep.
The fear of having the dream again was all I could think about.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Calum's number.

"Hello, Fay?" Calum's familiar voice spoke from the other end of the line.

"Remember, you said call you whenever." I giggled.

"I thought we had this discussion, 3 in the morning is not whenever." Calum chuckled.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"Yes." Calum admitted.

"Sorry, I can go-" I began but Calum cut me off before I could finish.

"No keep talking, I'm awake already anyways."

So I began to talk and once I started I couldn't stop, I loved the way Calum spoke.

The way he carried so much meaning in his words and the way he spoke softly, making sure every single word he said came out clear for me to understand.

I loved everything about him.
The way he reassured me everything would be okay.

They way he made me feel, he made me feel as living this life was worth it.

But any life with him in it was worth it.

++++++

That morning I woke up with the realization that my repetitive haunting dream hadn't occurred that night.

That's when I realized.

It was Calum.

Calum was keeping me strong.

Calum was keeping me sane.

Calum was my answer.

I needed Calum.

+++++++++

[A/N] :::

Aw yay chapter 5 is up! Let me just say now that some of you might have been confused and I just want to confirm that there really is nothing 'romantic' going on between Calum and Fay bc that would be weird since they only met like a week ago.

I'm just going to say now that something important is going to happen in Chapter six and to stick around for it bc I think you guys will like it (hopefully.)

Anyways I'm on Christmas break rn so I'll try to update more bc I have more time.

I hope you all are having a lovely break as well (if you're having one)

And I'll update chapter six soon.

PLEASE

(( VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE )) !!!

ily all so much!

xoxo,

K