nineteen

nineteen: fay's pov

I sat down on the edge of my bed and starred up at the ceiling, listening to the heavy rain, pounding on  my windows. The weather had been awfully dreadful that night and the thunder had kept me from getting any kind of sleep. 

I sat up from my bed and softly opened the door, trying my hardest to prevent any kind of sudden sound that could awaken my mother from her sleep.

My mind had been set on Annette that whole day and nothing was helping.

I tiptoed down my hard, wooden stairs and into the kitchen, where I found the light still on.

I grabbed a box of cereal down from the cupboards and poured it into a large bowl along with milk, to satisfy my sudden hunger.

I slowly scooped up a spoon of cereal and shoved it in my mouth and sighed, looking down at the kitchen floor.

I wanted to call Calum but I knew I couldn't. That's what I hated the most about night.

There was no way of communication towards anyone because all you would get were angry comments about how it was two-thirty in the morning.

That's when my phone unexpectedly buzzed, and when I checked the caller ID, I was surprised to see it was Hailey.

"Hello?" I spoke quitely into my phone.

"Fay?" Hailey's familiar voice bawled from the other end of the line.

"Hailey? What's wrong?" I asked, slightly panicked.

"Can I please come over?" Hailey cried into the phone.

"Yeah, of course." I answered, "what happened?"

"I'll explain later." Hailey sniffed.

~

Hailey ran inside my house and pulled me into an embrace, bawling into my shoulder, after what seemed like minutes after I gave her my address.

"Hailey, what happened?" I whispered quietly, looking at her drenched colored hair and smudged makeup that had been dripping almost as much as her damp clothes.

"I'm sorry, I know we don't know each other that well, but you were the only person I could think to go to." Hailey cried softly, whipping her eyes.

"It's alright-what happened?" I said as Hailey pulled away from the hug.

"I was out at another party today and I met this boy, I was stupid Fay!" Hailey cried, "He was so nice and I thought he just wanted to talk when he meant lets go to the other room, I should've known!"

"Hailey, slow down, what did he do?" I said, panicking.

"He kept touching me Fay, and he kept trying to pull of my clothes and kiss me and I told him to stop but he wouldn't Fay, he kept going at it, and he was really strong and he pinned me down but I guess I kicked him and I ran Fay, and I didn't stop until I realized I had no idea where I was and I knew I couldn't go home-jesus, I'm so stupid." Hailey cried as she pulled out cigarette and attempted to light it up.

"Please not in my house Hailey, my mom's upstairs." I said closing the lighter.

"I'm sorry-god, I'm such a fuck up." Hailey cried falling to her knees.

I bent down and hugged her as tight as I could.

"No, no you're not, Hailey." I assured, "Hailey, he's the fuck up. He could get arrested for that."

"No, I can't tell the cops, if they find out about him, they find out about me and I'll go to jail." Hailey cried once more.

"It's okay Hailey, these things happen." I said softly stroking her hair.

"Is it okay if I stay here tonight?" Hailey sniffled, finally calming down.

"Yeah, of course. You can sleep on the couch." I assured her.

"I don't deserve you." Hailey smiled weakly.

~

The next morning was awfully hard to explain to my mom but I managed to, sneaking in a few lies within it.

"Now tell me again, who is that and why is she here?" My mom said.

"Her name is Hailey and she's here because she had no place to go mom, she's my friend." I said once more to her, for the fifth time.

"I suppose-" My mom sighed.

"Thank you." I smiled, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "She appreciates this a lot."

My mom sighed again and just nodded as she walked out of sight.

I then walked up to Hailey who was look at me anxiously, "what did she say?"

"she said you're welcome to stay here anytime." I smiled.

"Shit, really? Thanks. Man, it was only for tonight though, but you guys are really great." Hailey smiled.

I shrugged, "that's what friends are for."

"this is only the second time I've met you," Hailey grinned.

"So?" I shrugged, "doesn't mean we cant be friends."

Hailey smiled, "I suppose you're right."

"I'm always right." I chuckled.

"Yeah-I figured." Hailey giggled, "you guys have anything to eat?"

"All the time." I nodded, "I can get you some cereal."

"That'd be great, thanks." Hailey smiled again.

I nodded and walked briskly towards the kitchen to get Hailey her cereal, when I saw something that caught my eye. A note was taped to the faucet of the sink and written across is it was my mom's familiar hand writing.

No smoking in my house -mom xx

I chuckled at the thought that my mom had automatically assumed that Hailey smoked and returned to preparing Hailey her cereal and soon enough, I was done, just to go back to the living rom to see Hailey crying again.

"How could have I not known, Fay?" Hailey cried, shaking her head. "How could have I been so stupid?"

"Hailey, it wasn't your fault." I assured her, handing her, her cereal, "it was his, I thought we discussed it."

"Maybe my mom was right," Hailey sighed, "maybe my life is just on mistake after another."

"No, she's wrong, your life isn't a mistake, Hailey." I insisted, shaking my head.

"Oh Fay, I wish you were right." Hailey chuckled softly.

"I am right." I said.

"And when I say your life isn't a mistake, I mean it."

~

I really wish I had a friendship like that. Oh yeah and dont forget about Emma, she'll be reappearing soon enough. sorry for the crappy update and my crappy updating schedule.

xx but you guys I got a 5SOS follow on twitter and I'm still shaking. omfg.

20 votes and 10 comments for next update xx