twenty-one

Twenty One:
Fay's POV

It had been weeks since the arrangements of living with Emma in her apartment had been made and today was finally the day it wall all coming together.

All the furniture in my bedroom had been moved into my new room which was slightly smaller then my current room, but decent enough.

The apartment itself however was quite large. The fact that Emma was able to afford it all surprised me at first, but that was when when Emma explained that her parents had helped her pay off her rent until she got roommates that could take their place in doing that.

So that was where Hailey and I came in. In exchange for us being able to stay there, we were to both get jobs and pay our half of the rent. At the moment, Hailey was the only one with a job, but I was working on it.

I stood in the doorway of Emma's-well our-apartment and admired all the simple yet lovely furniture that sat, on every corner of the living room.

"It's-wow." I smiled as Hailey nodded in agreement with a grin planted on her face.

"Holy shit." She gasped.

Emma giggled and took a seat on one of the couches, "you guys are free to take a look around, but just a warning in advance, I leave at like 7 in the morning for work so I probably won't be around a lot on weekdays."

"Yeah that's fine." Hailey nodded, "I leave at like 10 on weekdays for my new job I got down at the bakery, so I guess until Fay gets a job, the apartments all hers on the weekdays until like five."

"I'm still working on getting that job." I admitted, "it's pretty damn hard you know."

Emma laughed and shook her head, "just remember, no guests on Sunday because that's my relax day and I hate it when people come over then."

Hailey and I both nodded and gave her an assuring smile, "will do."

~

The next couple hours had gone by pretty fast and before I even knew it, it was three and Calum and his friends were on their way over.

My mood that day had been rather strange. It had been a long time since I had thought about Annette, but now I couldn't even get her off my mind.

"Knock knock." Calum's familiar accent spoke through the other side of the door.

"We're here," Luke added, "and we brought FIFA."

"I don't have a video game council." I said as I opened up the door.

"That's okay." Michael grinned appearing from behind Luke with a rather heavy looking ps4 in his arms, "we brought our own."

"Fancy." I smiled as I let them in.

"Yeah I know, I just got it the other day. Isn't it great?" Michael beamed as he began to set it up on the television.

"Yeah," I nodded as I gave Calum a quick peck as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on the top of my forehead.

"I missed you." He whispered into my ear, leaving soft kisses by it."

"I missed you too," I smiled as he sat down on the couch, bringing me down on his lap with him.

"So where's Ashton?" I asked as Luke began to turn on his controller.

"With his girlfriend." Michael mumbled.

"He has a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes." Luke groaned, sharply.

"Don't mind him, it's just Ashton has been hanging around Luke's ex so you know-it's complicated." Calum said.