Fatal

Chapter 14
                         DAYS LATER
Marina's POV

Jared, Chris and Josh all stayed at the hospital by my side, waiting anxiously for the paternity results.

I dont plan on telling Ange about this until I'm certain of who is the father of Joel.

The doctor gave me three envelopes with all of their names written on each one.

One said Christopher Cerulli. The second one said Joshua Balz and the last one was Jared Warth.

I must admit, I'm pretty scared. Who knows who the father is. I'm just ready to get this over with.

As I hold the envelopes in my hand, I watch as all three guys stare at them intently.

"Open them, please!" Jared whined, impatiently.

Chris bit his lip down with his eyes glued on the envelopes. Josh paced around the room while staring at them as well.

Well, the results are in. I'm finally gonna know...

I took a random envelope and opened it.

As I unfolded the paper...my eyes read through it.

"Jared Warth....not the father." I whispered, shakily.  At that point, I felt tears fall from my eyes.

Chris came and hugged me but I pushed him back. "No. I'm so sorry, Jared!"

Jared came and held me close, trying to hold up a smile. Behind those eyes, hid the pain and sadness.

"It's okay, Marina." He whispered. I cried softly into his chest.

"No it's not. It should've been you." I sobbed, gripping his shirt.

I heard Josh pant and mutter "Shit...shit....So which one of us...is it?" He whispered, anxiously.

I hesitantly opened the second envelope. My eyes scanned through it and I couldn't believe it!

"Chris..." I breathed. "You're...not..." I slowly turning my gaze to Josh.

Josh was speechless. As was I and everybody else.

"So. That. Means..." Josh muttered softly.

I quickly tore open the last envelope and read....

Joshua Balz....99.9%.

What. The. Effin. Fuck.

"I...I...I'm...th...the..f...father?!" Josh stuttered so much, he suddenly collapsed onto the floor and fainted.

"Josh!" I gasped, softly. Chris growled and punched the hospital wall. Jared held me and I stared down in disbelief at Josh on the floor. My head was spinning and I felt dizzy.

"Josh is the father. Josh is the father. What the fuck? How could that happen?" I started hyperventilating. Jared rocked me slowly in his arms.

Then, Chris walked up to me, leaned close and held my face in his hands.

Something overcame me at that moment.

I pulled away from Jared's hold and stared deep into Chris's eyes. I forgot how beautiful they were.

"I can't believe I lost you...I lost you forever, Marina. I lost you!" He sobbed quietly, pulling me into his arms. I never saw Chris cry this way. In fact, I only saw him cry once and I wasn't meant to. He doesn't know that, though. It was years ago.