You Breathe Only In Withered Lies, Your Perversion Of Distrust.

Chapter 23

Josh's POV

"I'm gonna kill him..." I came in, mumbling to myself, cracking my knuckles, ready to punch the living hell out of everything and anything.

"Josh?" Angelo came from the kitchen, nose stuffy and everything. "Where's Marina? Is everything okay?" He took a better look at me and asked "What's the problem?"

I looked right into his eyes and right when I did, his face change to one that seemed like he understood what the problem was.

"Should I even tell you?" I growled, passing a hand over my face in frustration.

Angelo sighed.

"What did he do this time?" He knew exactly who I was talking about.

I sighed, heavily.

"He kissed Marina..." Angelo furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head in disappointment.

"In front of you?" He asked in disbelief.

I shook my head no.

"They might as well have. They fucking excused themselves from the table because they both had to 'piss' then when Chris came back, he fucking had Marina's shade of lipstick all over his face." I raised my voice, swinging my arms around.

"Why the fuck would she do that?" He asked, passing a hand through his long hair.

I merely shrugged and huffed out a breath.

"She's confused...? I don't fucking know! But apparently, Chris made the move." Angelo raised both of his eyebrows as if he actually considered that being true.

The door slowly opens and I don't even dare look at her come in. My eyes glue themselves to the floor, my fists clenched, my back to her.

Hands gently tug on my arm.

"Joshua?" She whispered, hoarsely. Had she been bawling in the car?

I yank my arm and walk away. I head up to Joel's room, where he's sure to be sleeping.

Marina's POV

Angelo quickly comes to me as I drop myself on the couch and begin to silently cry some more. His arms tighten around me and I settle into his warm chest.

"It wasn't m-me. He-He kissed me first." I muffled into his now tear-stained shirt.

He slowly strokes my hair and make soothing shushing sounds.

Josh comes down minutes later with the baby in his arms, diaper bag hanging from his shoulder, and a baby blanket over it. I look up at him in hopes he'll let me explain. All he did was glance at me and say "I'm taking him for the night. I'll bring him back tomorrow morning." I nod and get up, Angelo doing the same.

"Can you stay so we can talk for a bit when you do bring him back..?" I ask, shakily.

He hesitates then slowly nods.

"...bye..." Then he was gone. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to my baby.

With no further words, I walk past Ange, step up to my bedroom and get myself ready for bed.

As I take off my make up with a makeup remover wipe, I hear my phone vibrating loudly in my bag.

I quickly go to answer it and the name flashing on the screen makes my eyes narrow.

Michael K<3

I have not spoken to him in a while.

"Hello?" I ask.

A slight chuckle sounds.

"Hey." I smile a little.

"Kuza, what's up?" I sighed.

He hummed a quick tune.

"Well, I wanted to see if you'd come over and catch up. I mean, I heard you had a baby, all the drama that went on between the Motionless guys, you leaving for months, and all that good stuff..." Kuza has hardly been around these days, so how would he be fully aware of everything that's happened in my life?

"I was going to bed right now. Maybe tomorrow, if you want..." I then hear quiet whispers in his line as if he's with someone else.

He sighs "Are you sure you don't want to see me right now?" I chuckled.

"It's not that I don't want to see you, love. It's that my night hasn't been good at all and I really need to sleep it off, okay?" I breathed.

Kuza sighed, heavily.

"I understand. Though, tomorrow you will come over and that's not a question. It's an order." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Whatever you say, Michael."

He chuckles "Bye, pretty lady." I blushed a little.

"Bye, sexy man." I responded before hanging up.

I put my phone on it's charger, after playing my music on shuffle. I slip my dress off, kick off my heels and put on some shorts and an old band tee I wear to bed sometimes.

My eyes start feeling heavy and I quickly fall asleep.

Chris's POV

"Bye, pretty lady." Kuza smiled, biting his lip afterwards.

I rolled my eyes, slapping his arms.

"Bye, sexy man." Marina replied. We had her on speaker so I would listen to the conversation as well.

I scoffed at her response before she hung up.

Kuza smirked at me.

"Calm down. My feelings for her ended a long time ago when we broke up." I shrugged and groaned out of frustration.

"I fucking wish she would've came tonight. I need to talk to her." I sighed.

"Weren't you planning on making her realize what she's lost?" Kuza questions.

I nod and groan again.

"Should I continue? I mean, she's fucking stubborn as hell and what if she never admits her feelings for me?" At that moment, I felt my heart beat nervously faster by the second.

I may be wasting my time on a girl who will never face the truth.

"Tomorrow when she's here, tell her I'm over her. Tell her we've talked and I told you I'm really falling for my girlfriend and I don't want to lose her. Just tell her whatever the fuck pops into your head that will make her think she means nothing to me." Kuza sighs, shaking his head, disapprovingly.

"Why are you doing this, Chris?" He asked, tracing over his tattooed hand.

I shrug and get up.

"Just do that for me." I walked towards the door and opened it. Before stepping out, I looked back at him and scratched the back of my neck. "Please?" He eyed me. "Kuza, I know what I'm doing...trust me." And with that, I was out the door and in my car, driving to my house.

******************

Tossing, turning, I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. Maybe I'm stressing way too much about the situation. Honestly, the best thing for me to do is pretend I don't care anymore. That's what I'll do. I won't care anymore...