Story Four, The Prince.

Do you know how boring it is to be locked in a tower, awaiting a knight that may never come? No? Well let me tell you its very boring.

I've been looking at the same scenery for the past year, ruins of what they call a castle surrounded by water with the smallest bridge being my only connection to land. I live in a small tower with a queen size bed, a small bathroom and a kitchen which gets stocked with food once a month. My tower is filled with luxuries though, a TV with a gaming system, lots of manga and even a laptop for me to write my stories, this is the 21st century after all, yet I'm trapped in a tower like a scene from shrek.

Every time the delivery guy comes with the food, I try to escape. Of course I have failed every time, so I await for my price to come a rescue me, although I'm sure that prince will get a nasty surprise when he finds out I'm a boy.

So I should probably tell you how I got here.. Well, the truth is that my mother is crazy. I mean absolutely bonkers! When I was born and my mother saw that I was a boy she tried to throw me out the mansion window, that was just one incident of many. She brought me up as a girl and I was punished if I rebelled and like any normal human I fought against her every move and that's why I'm locked in a tower.

I cant say that I love it but at least I'm away from that woman. Many knights have tried to rescue me, tried being the key word, they were eaten by the creatures in the water.

I settle on the bed with my food and open the laptop to begin the next chapter of my story, I'm trying to write a damsel in distress type of story but the plot isn't very good.

-time skip: 3 days-

There's been this idiot trying to rescue me, a tall boy with red hair, he always gets past the jagged pathway only to turn back, like he's still figuring out whether he should truly save me. He comes at the same time, just before dusk.

I'm not sure what to make of him, from this distance I can't see his face but he waves in my direction before retreating.

He seems odd, like an outcast. Its almost as if he does this just for fun.

Dusk is almost here so i take my seat by the window and await his arrival. As if knowing I'm waiting, he shows up.

He pauses before moving onto the small pathway connecting the tower to land, then he moves slowly along the path. My breath catches when I see him wobble but he quickly corrects his balance.

Soon enough he as mastered the path, I rest my head on the window because this is where he usually turns back.

But this time he is different, he stares ahead at the ruins surrounding me. I think he's calculating a plan.

Without warning, he takes off running and jumping among the ruins, my stomach is in knots with fear that hell slip and I won't be able to help him.

I lose sight of the boy, so I sit on my bed and wait. Will he even make it?

I think I should video the knights reaction when he discovers I'm a boy, that's kinda mean of me. I mean if bes going to the trouble to rescue me I should be kind to him.

I've been waiting for about two hours now, I don't think he's made it. I'll be stuck here forever.

I gather my things and climb into bed, pulling the covers over me completely.

I'm starting to fall asleep when a rattling wakes me up, I bolt upright and grab a pan from the kitchen. (Tangled reference anyone?) "Get away from the door!" I hear his voice shout through to me.

Hiding in the corner of my bed I watch the scene play out; the huge door is banged a few times followed by the sound of running, then the door explodes of its hinges even the framework was destroyed.

I don't come out from under my blanket, not even when I hear the boy enter the room.

"Come out, its okay." He coos. I don't make a move, I'm too scared. "Come on." He walks to me and I freak out. "Don't come any closer!" I warn him.

The boy keeps coming closer, I stand up and warn him once more. "Stay back!!"

But I don't give him a chance to answer or even stop walking before I've whacked him with the pan. He falls to the floor unconscious.

I just killed my knight.

Shit..

^^; sorry for the slow update, I'm going to continue this story into more or maybe two chapters:)
Thanks for reading & sorry for the grammar mistakes
-L.G🐰🌈