Under The Mask

This party sucks, not only have I lost my friends but I'm stuck against a wall by the door while people bang into me as they walk past.

"Coming through!!" I half yell, these assholes better let me out! Just as I'm at the door someone runs out past me, I lose my balance and fall in a heap on the ground. "Watch it!!" I forcefully yell at the girl she shoots me a dirty look and returns inside.

"Is it nice down there?" I look to the the owner of the voice. "Because you still haven't got up, so it must be comfortable." The guy jumps off the wall he's sitting on and helps me up. "Thank you. You came out here to get away too?" I ask, I can't see his face very well and he's wearing contacts.

"Yeah, I had to get away from that crazy chick! Haha.. So you're a vampire?" He asks looking me up and down, and we start to walk slowly away from the party. "Oh, girlfriend? And yeah, it was a last minute choice to come here and this was the easiest costume. You're Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, right?" His costume is very good, and the mask just looks badass.

"Wow you know anime? I'm missing the eyepatch but thanks! And don't worry you look good." He looks down at me, his eyes crinkle a little so he must be smiling. "And the girl?" I ask again, I'm curious. "Hmm.. Not my girlfriend but she wants to be." He replies quietly. "Not your type? If only I had a girl chasing after me.. Hahaha." I joke but it seems to send the mood in gloom.

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to pry." I stop walking, why are we walking away anyway? "It's not you.. Its just something personal I'm dealing with." He says quickly before turning to face me. He rests his hand on my shoulder. "Wanna get outta here?" He asks, but isn't that a bit risky? Leaving at night with a stranger?

For some unknown reason my mouth doesn't listen to my brain. "Yes. Where to?" I smile. "Wow.. I didn't expect you to say yes.. You mustn't know who I am." He chuckles but then realisation hits me. I don't know who he is, I don't even know his name. "Uh.. Maybe its not a good idea to disappear into the night with a stranger, nothing personal though." I turn my back, already scolding myself for my almost mistake.

"How about coffee then, tomorrow? There's a place on main street, meet me there at two!" He nods at me before running down the street. "Wait! What's your name?" I yell and he stops in his tracks but doesn't turn to face me. "Come tomorrow and you'll see!" He says over his shoulder.

What the heck? Does he really think I'm crazy enough to meet a stranger..?

But he said to meet him in town, full of people, in broad daylight.. So he can't really be too dangerous, right?

I return to the party and find my friends, who are all too drunk to even walk upright. "I'm going home, I'll call you tomorrow!" I tell them and then start my walk home. I can't wait to get some sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I wake up late, too late to grab lunch before meeting the idiot from last night. What am I getting myself into? Its not as if I have time to debate about it though, its already 1:20pm and I have to be there in 40 minutes.

I grab my clothes and get a quick shower, rushing out the door with 30 minutes to spare.

My walk to the cafe is quick, I think I rushed too much because I'm early so I wait outside for a few minutes. I don't even know what this guy looks like so how will I know who to approach?

Entering the café I choose a seat by the window and flick through my social media.

"Uh, excuse me, there's someone asking for you at the front." The barista smiles down at me. My eyes follow hers to a redhead leaning on the counter, with his back to me. "Okay, thank you." I smile back at the girl and make my way to him.