In Colour

Short drabble, idea from tumblr.
_____________________________________________❤

We live in colour, or at least they do.

In this life, we only see in colour after we've met our soulmate. Plenty have found theirs already, I'm a little jealous because I've reached 33 and I still don't know how green the grass is, if sea water is aqua or light blue.. I don't even know the difference in any of those colours.

I see in black and white, but its more like various shades of grey. I've been searching for someone, someone I don't know the name of, how they look or even what country they live in.

But I won't give up, cause I know they're out there and they're looking for me too.

I walk throughout the crowds in Tokyo, desperately searching the faces of strangers. "Back off freak!" One person slams into me, I fall to my knees from the force only to get back up and try again. I know I must seem crazy and maybe I am but what would you do if you were me?

If there's one place my soulmate is, its Tokyo. I've already searched the cities of the earth, people with no soulmates move to cities for the exact reason that lonely people flog to places with a large population.

The alarm on my watch goes off telling me to end my search for today, I sigh and return to my hotel. The sign is lit up and I wonder what colour it is.. Red? But what is red anyway? When I bleed it only seems like a darkish grey to me.

I make my way to the lounge, taking a seat on one of the sofas. "May I get you a drink?" The waitress approaches me, she's pretty but there's no attraction at all. I'd be surprised if there was because I have never felt attraction to anyone in my life... Yet. "No thanks." I send her away.

After a while of dwelling in my own thoughts I decide to go to bed, I walk through the hotel to the elevator and press the button.

Why is this taking so long?

I sigh in relief when the elevator starts counting down the floors and pings open, I step inside the crowed space and ride it up to my floor. Maybe tomorrow I can finish my search.

The elevator shutters a little before coming to a stop at my floor, I rub my eyes and let the other people off first.

Almost everyone is off so I push out and make my way down the hall, I accidentally bang into someone on my way around the corner, I quickly help him up.

"Sorry i-" I start to say but I'm cut off, the man is crying but that's not the weird part, he's smiling. I wonder if I had banged into him enough for it to hurt.

I'm about to apologise once more but then I see it; the grey in my vision is slowly turning vibrant almost like its peeling itself away, I stare in complete shock that this is happening.

"You see it too?" His soft voice is like music to my ears, I don't answer him just so I can hear it again. "Can you see it too?" He asks again and I know, I can feel the warmness filling me and giving me new life. My heart beats hard as the scene plays out.

"Yes, I can." Is all I can answer, I'm too amused at the colours working their way through his hair, his eyes, his skin.. I can't help but smile. I'm seeing life for the first time.

The man stands there, unmoving, just smiling right at me and I do the same to him. He's beautiful, handsome.. His smile is breathtakingly attractive. His bangs go down to his bright eyes but I don't know the colour but its similar to his hair.

"What colour is your hair?" I ask, I can't stop myself from reaching out and taking a strand amongst my fingertips and rubbing it gently. "My mother says its blue, like my eyes. What is yours?" A light colour tints his cheeks and I wonder what that means.

"So this is blue, huh? This is what the ocean looks like. It is red, is it good?" I ask curious to what red actually looks like. "So good. Its so good.. I can't believe I've found you after all this time." Tears run down his beautiful face and it only makes my heart beat faster.

I pull him to me, holding him tight against my chest and he wraps his arms around me. "What's your name?" I ask while trying to look down at him but his face is pressed into my chest and he let's out muffled cries. "Nagisa." He answers, he gazes up at me and for a moment I forget how to breathe.

"I'm Karma." I tell him. I'm unable to form sentences right now, I'm too happy.

I've finally found my other half.

____________❤
Thanks for reading 😘