Drunken Confession

This is a mini story/Nagisa's thoughts.

Sighing, I collapse onto my bed.

What a day..

First I get the job at the college and then my best friend confesses that he's in love with me.

And the worst part is I think it was just him saying stupid shit while he was drunk, so why can't I get this fluttering feeling out of my stomach?

"I love you."

Those three words ring through my head.

I can remember everything from the tone of his voice to the slight blush on his cheeks.

But did he mean it? Or was it a joke? Did he mean he loves me as a friend or something more?

I snort at my own thoughts, I seriously doubt he loves me at all.

Karma has always been by my side. He even spends all his spare time with me and travels to see me while I'm training.

He's got a good heart despite his appearance to everyone else.

Come to think of it, I'm always the one who invites him places, because if he's not there then it's not that fun.

Maybe I rely on him too much..?

But the thought of him not being with me in life scares me, I can't lose him.. There was a time in my life where I believed I was in love with Karma, he occupied my every thought but I soon came to realise that it was just a crush.

I should just have the courage to be up front about it, after all we can't move forward if we don't know.

Its settled. I'm gonna ask him if he meant it, I take a shaky breath before picking up my phone.

There's no going back now

I hug my pillow tight to my chest with one hand and write my text with the other.

"Did you mean that you love me?"

The reply comes almost instantly.

"Always."

--update-

The next chapter should be posted soon, sorry for the long wait.. I've not been feeling good ^^

It should be posted before the 23rd of Jan