8: bruises

Simon's P.O.V.

I walked out of the dorm and into the freezing cold. It's been raining a lot lately, which is pretty odd because it doesn't really rain that often here.

It's just that, I haven't seen Josh in over a week since he's been in the hospital and I feel like I've been down in the dumps. I don't know if that's because it's been raining or the fact I haven't seen Josh once.

"Hey!" Vik yelled as I looked up to see him and Tobi on the other side of the sidewalk.

I ran over to them and stood in front of them.

"You have to visit Josh." Tobi yelled over the ran.

"I can't. I shouldn't." I said back as they shook their heads.

"Why can't you? And you should. Josh has been all sad and so have you. You guys need each other." Vik said grabbing my hand as I shook my head.

"He's better off without me." I said pulling away, "I got to go. I'll see you guys around."

I said leaving them.

"Where are you going?" Tobi yelled as I turned back to look at them.

"Class!" I yelled back.

I was lying. I wasn't going to class. I was going to Josh.

----

I walked up to the front desk as the lady talked on the phone. I looked around at the place, it was quiet and had a weird smell. It didn't look like one of those crazy places, it was actually quite nice for a mental hospital.

"Hi, what do you need Sir?" She asked as she hung up the phone.

"I'm here to see, Joshua Bradley." I said as she nodded and started to type things into her computer.

"What's your name?" She asked looking up and glaring at me.

"Simon Minter." I said as she nodded and got up.

"Please follow me." She said as I started to walk down the hallway with her.

It was a pretty nice place and from what I could see from the empty rooms that they were nice.

"Okay, here it is." She said as we stopped in front of a door labeled 7.

"This is Josh's room?" I said smiling as she nodded.

Seven is my favorite number.

She slowly opened the door to reveal Josh on his bed, writing something.

"Joshua, you have a visitor. One of the guys on your list." She said as he looked up and just sat there looking at me.

"Hey Josh." I said as I walked in and she left us alone.

"I, I wasn't expecting to see you anytime soon. Tobi and Vik said that you've been pretty evasive." He said smiling as I sat down on his bed.

"Yeah, if you could not tell them that I came here that would be good." I said as his smile turned to a frown.

"Why did you come Si?" He asked as I heard him say Si.

He always made it sound so majestic, I loved the way it would just curl off his tongue. Whenever Dan would say it, it would always be pushed and sounded rough.

"Because I miss you. I miss spending time with you and I constantly am telling myself that it's my fault, it's my fault that you're here. I should've just listen to you so I thought that it would be better off for me not to come. Then Tobi and Vik said that you were feeling down, and I've been this whole week. I mean I know it's raining, but it barely ever rains. I didn't think this was all a coincidence, but you know me I'm a superstitious loser. I'm sorry, I'll just leave." I blurted out as I got up and I felt him grab my hand.

"Please don't go." He said as he pulled away getting rid of the warmth from my finger tips.

I sat down looking at him. I grabbed his hand and held them as tight as I could. I knew he wanted to pull away. I could feel him tugging.

"Si, please stop." He said starting to hyperventilate.

"I don't blame you for what happened. I couldn't blame you, because it wasn't your fault. There was nothing you could possibly do. I'm so sorry for not coming sooner, it's Dan. He isn't like he was when we first met. He hit me Josh, I have bruises all over my back and, and I don't know what to do. I was scared, but now I'm here. I feel safe when I'm with you and I want you to feel the same." I said as he started to breathe at a normal rate and stopped trying to pull away.

"You mean it?" He asked as I nodded my head.

He pulled me into a hug as we just sat there, holding each other.