10: realization

Josh's P.O.V.

-two weeks-

"You've been making a lot of progress Josh. With all of your friends visiting and you warming up and not blaming yourself for what happened that night. But I think that the thing that will give you full closure is tell me what happened that night." He said as I looked down at my fingers that I was playing with.

"It all started when..."

~~~~~~

I heard a knock on my door as I finished ordering my present for Simon. We've been dating for two years and we've gone through so much together. I love him, I do and I think it's time. It's time that I tell him I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked opening up the door.

"I want you Josh." He said as he walked in pushing me out of the way.

I closed the door and turned to him. We only knew each other because of our study group, his name was Dan.

"What do you mean, you want me?" I asked laughing as he grabbed my wrist.

I tried to pull away from his grasp but I was too weak.

"I want you. Leave Simon, be with me. I love you Josh." He said as I tried to pull away and hit into my door.

"I think you should leave. I barely even know you." I said as he pinned me to the wall.

"You don't remember me. We went through all of high school together. You would always totally ignore me. I was the boy your jerk friends made fun of in the ninth grade, you saved me Josh." He said smiling as he tried to kiss me.

I turned so that he kissed my cheek. He grabbed my face and made me look at him. His grasp was so tight. It burned.

"Stop it. You're hurting me." I said as he pulled his hand away and started to kiss me.

I shoved him off and ran into my bedroom trying to get away from him and text Simon. He ended up getting up faster than I thought he would and he ran after me. He grabbed onto my wrist as I tried to get out of his grasp. He was too strong.

He shoved me onto the bed as he got on top of me. He just smiled as I turned to look at my phone. I tried to reach for it but he stopped me and threw it across the room.

I had no control.

~~~~~

"........the rest of the night I would rather not talk about." I said looking down.

"You said his name was Dan? Isn't that Simon's boyfriend?" He said as I looked up in realization.

"I didn't for the longest time remember who he was. This whole time, he's been playing with Simon and I." I said as he moved towards me.

"Can I ask how you feel Joshua?" He asked as I looked up at him.

"I feel like I had no true control over what happened to me, but I can still save Simon. I know he left me, but I love him. I always have and I always will." I said as he looked at me and smiled.

"So you now know this wasn't your fault. It wasn't your fault and there was nothing in your power to control the situation." He said as I nodded.

"I know now." I said as he tapped me on the thigh and got up and left the room.

I felt the weight of the world be lift off of me and the only person I could think about was Simon. I need to call him, tell him everything. Tell him that I love him.