Gotham City

I reached Gotham at around 11:45 almost midnight. I got out of my car my eyes darting everywhere to the new city that awaited me. I looked down the street and I could almost picture my dad speeding and shooting. If only he was there to tell me about it. First stop was a small rundown hotel right on the outskirts of Gotham. I came inside to find an old lady sitting at the desk. She was a reading a magazine in Spanish. She glanced up at me.
"Hi.." I said. "Could I get a room?"

She smiled at me. "Sure." She handed me a room key then hesitantly opened her mouth to speak. "You know, you look very familiar." She smiled.

"Oh uh thanks. I guess... I'm from metropolis though." I muttered and managed a smile.

"Oh.." she muttered before going back to her magazine and I walking off.

I, first, put my bags in my room. Then, the next day I got in my car and took a little drive to Arkham asylum.

I stood outside the gates debating whether I should go in or not. But if I didn't, I know I wouldn't find my mother or father.

"Hi..." I nervously said to the front desk guard. "I'm here for visiting hours...?" It came out more of a question rather than a statement.

He sighed. "Alright Ms..?"

"Uh. Wayne." He stopped for a moment and furrowed his brows.

"Wayne..?" He asked in confusion.

I nodded.

"Hmm..." He hummed as he wrote down on a slip of paper. "And who are you visiting today Ms.wayne?" He asked.

"Um. Eva. Eva Wayne..." I stuttered.

"Alright follow me." He said as he led me down a hall. Past glass cases with people in white jackets. All the crazies were locked up here. All the dangerous ones at least. Arkham asylum. A place I've heard of a lot. A place of nightmares. The place that caged and locked up my mom.

"She's in solitary." The guy who was walking in front of me explained cutting into my thoughts.

I cleared my throat and continued to follow him deeper into the asylum. The walls that were clear white starting to become dirtier and the paint seemed to be peeling. A disgusting smell also seemed to emerge. Musty almost.

"This place has been around a while. You gotta excuse the smell..." He mumbled. We stopped outsides a metal door with a small window in front. The letters A7KB53 were stamped in paint on it. "Well here we are.." He said as he took out a ring of keys. He slowly opened the door and went carefully inside.

"Hey Eva..." He gently said. "There's someone here to see you.." I followed him in. And got a glimpse of her. Frail and skinny. Hair a mess. She was curled up in the corner on the floor. She seemed out of it. In a state of mind where she was completely dazed.

The man turned to me. "I'll be right outside. Scream if she tries anything." He said then left us alone. "God knows she's a feisty one.." He mumbled on his way out.

I sat on the ground in front of her. She kept her state with the floor as if she was alone and my presence was a mere imagination of her mind.

"Mom?" I whispered. She didn't even flinch. "God what have they done to you?!" I sighed out as I reached out to move a piece if hair from her face. Her attention snapped up at me making me jump a little. She titled her head and her eyes widened in shock.

"No.No.No.No.No.No..." She muttered as she rocked herself back an forth. "It can't be you! Your not here!" She shook her head. "It's the drugs again! These damn drugs! Messing with my mind. Jay... No. Your gone." She seemed to be talking to herself. "Stop it Eva. Don't make the guards come back.." She shifted on the floor and kept a stare with my eyes but seemed to believe I wasn't real.

"No mom. I'm here. I'm really here." I moved to grab her hand but she flinched away.

She took a minute then her eyes widened. She sat up on her knees and put her cold frail hands on my cheeks. "Jacqueline?" She spoke. I nodded holding her wrist in my hands. "Is that you?" Her eyes darted all over my face and a smile broke out on hers. I smiled back.

"Yes mom. It's me." I whispered.

"Your bigger then I remembered... What happened? I've only been gone for a few days!" She giggled.

I bit my lip. "Mom you've been gone for almost 18 years.." I whispered. "I grew up.."

She frowned and dropped her hands. "I have?" She whispered. "I have." She confirmed it to herself. "Well your all grown up now. " she sadly smiled. "I missed everything."

"It's ok mom. " I brushed some of her hair out of her face.

"They took me. I wasn't crazy! I am now. It's because of the drugs. They took me. And him. Your dad... " she started speaking all fast and worried. "He's not the good guy. He never was. You've gotta get the joker out. Get jack out. Then come back for me. These damn drugs. Jay. No. You shouldn't have come here. No. Gotham will eat you up alive. Forget everything I've Said. No. Go back to metropolis. Back with your uncle." She smiled. "Go back with lex. He'll take care of you. Live your life. Get married. Have kids. Get a job. Don't end up like us. We love you. I love you. I know. I know deep down your dad loves you... Jack. I haven't seen him in years. Get him. Find him." Her eyes darted everywhere. "Get him out and come back for me." She nodded.

"Where is he mom? Is he here in the asylum?" I asked patiently a bit confused about everything she was saying.

She shook her head. "No. He's not at blackgate either. He's somewhere else. A place far far away. Locked up alone. I don't know where. No one knows. But batman. " she spat his name seeming sick to her stomach. "That bastard. And batgirl. Bitch." She shook her head and scowled. "No. You can't be here. The drugs. Those damn drugs. No. Go back. Back to metropolis. Back with your uncle jay." She smiled. "Back with your uncle."

"Mom what do you mean? Alone? Is he in Gotham?" I asked.

"Yes." She said. " he's in Gotham. Somewhere in Gotham. Over the rainbow maybe? " she giggled. "Find him. Find Jonathan Crane. He will help you. Then get him out and come back for me." She whispered grabbing onto my wrist a pleading look in her eyes.

"No. Yes. No. Go. Go back to metropolis. Back with your uncle. Wait. Wait your not really here. It's all in my head. Solitary. These drugs. Those damn drugs. Those damn drugs again. Go. No. Wait. Your not really here. It's my mind. Jay. Find him. No. Go back.. These damn drugs.." She seemed to shrivel up in the corner as she spoke to her self mumbling and muttering. Rocking back and forth. "Jonathan crane.." She whispered.

She continued to mutter to herself. I stood up.

"Mom ill get dad. And I'll come back for you! I promise!" She didn't seem to hear me. Too lost in her mind. I turned around to leave.

I promise.

It rang in my head.

I promise.

Jonathan crane...