Smile for me

FLASHBACK

Age: 16

I began walking home from the party. The party I didn't want to go to but went any way because Mark didn't want to be alone. I sighed as I looked at my phone which was at 1 percent and blew up with text and missed calls from my uncle who was probably worried about me. It was currently 2 am.

I turned around slightly and saw a van driving slowly behind me. I took a deep breath and quickened my pace. The van continued to follow. It eventually drove up beside me and rolled down the window.

Instantly I recognized the guy who was driving. His name was Christian he was both hot and drunk. And sat in the back of my geometry class.

"Hey Jacqueline!" His words were slurred out and his van swerved a little. I stopped walking.

"Hey." I said awkwardly. He stopped the van and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Why'd you leave the party?" He asked.

"Because it's two in the morning?" I chuckled.

"It is!?" He asked. I nodded and presses my lips into a thin line. He got out of the car and stumbled from the street to the side walk next to me.

"What do you say we get outta here?" He asked. I was almost flattered by the idea but quickly remembered he was drunk and unstable.

"No I gotta get home thanks." I smiled politely.

"Come on baby!" He pleaded.

I shook my head no and started walking but he grabbed my wrist making me turn around. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pocket knife.

"Christian. What're you doing?" I whispered as a lump in my throat built up.

"Let's get outta here baby." He smirked.

"Let go." I calmly said. He yanked me closer into him and kissed me roughly on my lips. The taste of booze and cigarettes giving me a headache. I tried to pull away but he spun me around holding me from behind and putting the knife to my neck.

"Let's go have some fun.." He whispered in my ear.

"Christian please. Stop. " I felt my breath quicken. He pulled my hair with his other hand and dragged me to the van. Throwing me down on the floor and opening the doors. He grabbed me again and forced me in. I felt tears trickle down my face as he got on top of me.

"Oh cmon babe, smile!" He growled while he gently sticker the knife in my mouth.

"Don't make me carve it on your face." He slurred.

He took the knife out and kissed me again.

As soon as his lips left mine I kneed him in the crotch causing him to fall over and drop the knife. I grabbed it. Anger building in me. I got on top of him and lifted the knife over my head then stabbed him. Again and again and again until he stopped breathing.

Unsure of what I just did I dropped the knife.

"Shit." My eyes widened. I took out my phone and dialed mark.

"Mark.." I felt sobs coming out. "I need your help."

I told him where I was.

"I'll be there in a few. "

He came and helped me clean up the mess. And get rid of the van and body then took me to my house and sat with me on the porch. I felt sobs coming out. I leaned on him crying on his shoulder.

"Hey it's ok. " he whispered wiping the tears from my face. "He deserved it. That jack ass. It was self defense. No one will find out." Mark said although he was shaking. "It'll be ok. Don't cry jay. Smile for me. " he whispered into my ear and kissing me gently in the cheek. He put his arm around me and held me close. "It's ok."

That was the first time I ever killed anyone.