Jacqueline Avery Wayne

"Damn! A girl Just can't get around these days without a gun!" I said as I blew off the steam from my hand gun. "Isn't that right babe?!" I said as I stepped over the corpse on the floor.

"Yeah sweetie!" He laughed. We both pointed our guns at the frightened woman behind the counter.

"P-please.. " she stuttered in fear as she held her hands up in surrender.

"Give us the money and we'll be on our way." I calmly said tilting my head. "Jared throw her the bag." I commanded him.

"Sure thing toots. " I rolled my eyes but managed a fake smile. He's so damn annoying.... "Hey baby! I was thinkin after we get out money maybe we could uh I don't know... Go somewhere. Hawaii? California? And we could settle down. Just you and me?" He said as he filled the bag with money.

"Mhhmmm.." I went along as I stepped slightly behind him but not too far. We didn't want him getting suspicious.

"You know Jacqueline I love you.." He chuckled lightly as he continued with the dough. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah you too.." I said as I raised my gun from behind him aiming it at his head. Of course he couldn't see me doing this and was totally oblivious. He put the last stack of bucks into the bag......

And....

BANG! It echoed in the small bank. I chuckled and crouched down low to where the bag fell. I kicked at his body.

"I hope you know you are really really annoying. " I raised an eyebrow. "Or was .. Really annoying." I turned my attention back to the lady behind the desk whose eyes were wide with shock and glued on my dead partner.

"Call the police. Ill hunt you down. I don't care if you call them when I'm gone. They never find me. " I grinned. "But you gotta wait till I'm gone." I leaned on the counter and slugged the bag over my shoulder. I raised my eyebrow. "Understand?"

She didn't reply just sobbed.

I sighed quite annoyed and lazily pointed my gun. "Understand?"

She nodded yes.

"Jacqueline!" A familiar and sweet voice barged in as he smashed in from the roof. I smiled still turned to the lady at the counter.

"Mark." I whispered. "How nice of you to drop by!" I turned to him.

"Please sir she's trying to-" I cut her off.

"Shut up!" I raised an eyebrow and smiled to mark. "So still haven't gotten yourself a name yet?" I asked him.

He tried to keep a stern face but couldn't help crack a smile. "I don't wanna take you in... " he whispered. "Get out fast. " he shook his head to the door. I smiled at him. A real smile. A warm one.

"What're you gonna tell your dad this time?" I mumbled.

"I don't know.. Ill make something up. " he nodded.

"Thanks." I muttered. He smiled to me.

"What're friends for?" With that I quickly dashed out the door and into my car that I had parked outside. I threw the bag of money into the backseat and sped off. I heard sirens approaching the bank to investigate but they were too late I'd be far gone by the time they'd even set foot in the building.

I sped home as fast as I could trying to clear my mind. My adrenaline rush wouldn't allow me to. I glanced over at the Daily Planet news paper on the passenger seat the headline making me woozy.  It read in bold letters...

LONG TIME FELONS EVA WAYNE AND THE JOKER CAUGHT AND PUT IN BLACKGATE PRISON

Its been 18 years since I've seen my parents. All I ever had growing up was my uncle lex but even then I have always thought  I was better off alone. I had to get them, my parents, I wanted a normal life a normal Christmas. I missed them. I wanted to know why they left.

"Don't worry im coming.." I mumbled. I was leaving Metropolis tonight. Mark knew this, his dad wrote the damn paper. He knew I was leaving though I was making a hasty decision doing it now.

I got home and slammed the front door of my small apartment shut. I started packing my bags when I felt a cold wind rush through my window. Instantly I knew it was mark.

"W-what're you doing?" he stuttered as he stumbled in his red cape being blown by the dark night air.

"Im leaving mark." I turned around to him.

"Mark.." I whispered. "Don't give me that look.." I sighed avoiding his soft brown eyes. I packed my terribly folded shirt into my bag. "I have to go..." I sighed. "I told you that."

"You don't have to." His voice was shaky. "don't leave. don't go to Gotham. Stay here, in Metropolis, where you belong. " he pleaded as I continued to pack my clothes. "Please Jay your my best friend.." my heart leaped as he said my name but I didn't let it show. I turned to him.

"I cant.. I need to find my dad. I need to help him. " there was a moment of silence between us. "I need.." I sighed. "To help them..." I turned to pack more. "Besides you know how I feel being here.. I cant stay in metropolis forever. We both knew this day would come." I moved to walk past him. "But maybe I was more prepared for it then you were."

"So what?! your gonna just leave?! " his voice rose his anger building. "Your going to forget all about me!? Everything we've been through?!" I stayed silent. "Forget everything I've done for you?! I've put myself on the line for you everytime you've decided to get your rush. your fix."

I turned around pissed off. "I never asked you to! If your dad thinks your a disappointment for letting me always slip away that's on you not me! But YOU know I've never thought you were." my face softened at his broken expression. "Mark.. Why don't you go play hero..?" I sarcastically sighed though It came out sad.

He sat down on the stool next to my small table while I finished packing in silence. I sighed zipping up bag. I strode over to the table he sat next to and grabbed my keys while he stood up. His eyes pleading me to change my mind.. but I couldn't. "Its not goodbye forever. ill see you again... someday." I pulled him into a tight hug, he quickly fell into the embrace. I pulled away giving him one last look before grabbing my bag and walking away. Out that door.