Underground Tunnels

EVAS P.O.V: 

I couldnt stop thinking of of the dream Dr. Crane sent me. I couldnt stop thinking of one thing individually... that door. I took a deep breath in. It must have been around midnight right now. I was supposed to be asleep but i couldnt seem to drift off. My mind felt alot clearer. Probably because i didnt take my medicine today. Like i was supposed to. Instead i had put the small pill underneath my tongue, luckily for me they forgot to check if i had actually taken it or not, once i got back in my room i spat it out. It now remained in the corner alone... 

Funny thing is, i doubt if those pills are actually supposed to help the patients, in fact i believe its meant to make them worse. Thats probably how Arkham keeps its pateients, and continues running. Something wasnt right about Arkham. It seemed great from far away but up close.. it was a big conspiracy. In fact im sure there was nothing right about Arkham. Clearly it had a few health regulations it was neglecting, the medicine didmt seem right... nothing did. Why were they drugging up there patients...?.

That door... it popped in my head again. Nothing special about it. It was a simple metal door with an old lock on it. For some reason it kept popping in my night mares... my dreams. Its like Crane was trying to tell me something... only i didnt know what exactly. Gosh.. if only he was straight forward and to the point. Life would be a hell lot easier. But i guess thats not how things work huh? I felt my eye lids getting heavier. A slow yawn escaped me as i shut my eyes letting sweet silence drown me in. And thats when i heard it. My cell door opening. Instantly i shot up. Blinded by darkness i gripped my thin blankets. "Hello?" It peeped out.

"Mom..?" I heard a familiar and sweet voice call out. A smile spread across my face. 

"Jay?" I breathed out as she hit the light switch on. My eyes widened when i saw my daughter standing there. Her face painted white, red, and black. A smile smeared on her face. Her hair messy and dyed a dark green while her dark roots started to show. Her outfit purple, black, and green. Covered in splattered blood. And around her.. a group of men. One i knew in particular. Mark Kent. 

"Mom. I told you id come for you. Im here to get you out. I know where dad is!" She happily exclaimed as she embraced me in a strong and welcoming hug. "We gotta go quick! Cmon!" She whispered and took my hand pulling me off the bed and out the door with her turning off my cell light on the way. 

 We quickly and silently snuck down the hall and down a flight of stairs to the Arkham basement. It was dark and cold. I felt my now frail frame shiver in the darkness but kept my head up in hopes of seeing him again... jack. Thousands of thoughts swarmed my head at the thought of him. What if he didnt love me anymore? Was he ok? Would he even remember me? Was he hurt? Was he dead? So many worries preased in my mind although i knew i didnt have time to think about them now. My attention snapped as Jay turned on a flashlight held in her hand. She snapped her fingers. 

"Andy!" She whispered. "Give my mom your jacket. Shes freezing to death! And afterall she is family!" She said with a warm smile as the guy known as 'Andy' put his jacket over my shoulders and gave me a polite nod and smile. "This way.." Jay whispered as she walked some what happily. We all followed her. 

We walked throughout the big basement and through the boiler room until Jay suddenly stopped. " Greg?" She said turning to a middle aged man. Think you could get through the lock?" She asked him.

"Sure thing boss! Just gimme a minute." He replied Then started on the lock.

Jay came to stand next to me. 

"Boss?" I questioned her. 

"Yeah mom. I run the mob now.." she laughed. I couldnt help but smile at her. Shes come a lomg way and still stayed... sweet in a way.

"Im proud of you.." i said with a smile. "And i see your taking after your father.." i said refering to her makeup and outfit. 

" Well dads a big inspiration on me. And besides i had to keep my real identity hidden. Running the mob is a dangourous buisiness. Although i gotta say theyre pretty loyal. They treat me like family.. we are family." She smiled. 

" Thats... nice." I breathed as i took in her presence so happy to have her back. " whatre they calling you?" I asked.

" Jesterine." She raised an eyebrow. " Ya know being the jokers daughter does give me a huge advantage. It gets me fear, and respect, and lots of street cred." She winked humerously. 

I couldnt help but laugh.

"Whats with the smile?" I asked. Something in her changed. Her smile faded although it was painted on her face and her eyes dulled down. 

"Lets just say-" she looked over at me. "That growing up i was always told that i needed to smile more." She said. 

"Hello Eva!" Mark said with a smile. "Its been a while." 

" Mark!" I exclaimed."Look at you! All grown up!" I said grinning. 

" Yeah. And ive been running around with Jay here. Glad to see you again." He said. 

"You too." I said. 

" boss. Doors open. " Greg said. 

"Great!" Jay replied then turned to me. "Ready to see dad again?" She asked. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Lets go everyone." She said as she pulled out a small handgun that was in the inside of her coat. We went through the door walking for a while. Nothing but the light from the flashlight to light our way. 

"Underground tunnels. " jay whispered to me. "Apperantly Arkhams full of them. This one leads to Zone 3. Thats where dad is beimg kept." She said as we continued to walk. 

With each step i took my heart leaped a little more. My breath quickened as we reached the end of the tunnel. Jay shone the light on the door and my eyes widened at the sight of it. A metal door with an old lock. Exactly like the one from my dreams. It only took greg a few seconds to pick the lock before it swung heavily open. 

And then.. 

We entered Zone 3.