Prologue♡

A/N This is my first ever story on Wattpad so I apologise in advance for any mistakes I may make, I will try to keep them to a minimum; I hope you enjoy and I will try to update consistently! There is no copyright intended at any point so if anything breaks any rules (this shouldn't happen) please let me know and I shall amend it, thank you! Love - A

Prologue

3rd Person POV
Fluffy whites clouds roam the everlasting hued blue sky, breaking the perfect spectrum of colour; a burning spherical ball of orange, reds and yellows sits amongst the clouds- radiating a wave of heat towards the atmosphere. Each of the suns rays reflects light off the shiny mechanical structures below, creating an image of a beautiful children's park.

Every inch of it could be classed as perfection.

Concealed within the walls of a large wooden fence, many different types of playground equipment lay, awaiting the time in which they will be played upon- the day that they will fulfil their destiny. Monkey bars, swings, a zip wire, slides and many more objects inhabit the park- along with the ice cream stand, which lies past the outer fence of the playground, distributing fresh beverages to the many families that visit each day.

Currently, a family of three inhabit the area surrounding the lone swings of which a young girl, around the age of 6, is sitting upon- flying higher and higher. Her two parents residing upon the bench beside the contraption, not willing to join their daughter playing upon the swing, yet watching her every move. Studying the way the skin beside her eyes creases every time she smiles, the way her hair sways in the gentle breeze from the motion of swinging. Every inch of their daughter was perfect.
They were a normal, happy family.

The family continued to play within the park until the bright sky began to darken, the airspace losing its previous light. Upon realising the lateness of the hour, the young girls father glanced at the watch wrapped around his tanned wrist; he turned towards his excited daughter, who sat with a large smile plastered upon her face.

"Blimey, its 6 o'clock already- we had better be leaving."

The petite child's smile drastically fell and was rapidly replaced with a frown- one which broke her fathers heart.

"But daddy, I don't want to leave. I'm having too much fun!" The girl whispered, stamping her small foot on the ground for effect.

"I know sweetie," he exclaimed, "but it's getting dark, we can come back tomorrow." His daughter smiled.

"Promise?" She questioned, holding up her little finger.

"Promise." Her father replied, whilst locking his pinkie finger around hers.

Her mother watched the pair, smiling, and started walking towards them- she took the young girls hand in hers and guided them towards the car.

Time Skip

Mothers POV
We are all sitting in the car on the way back home, after a long day at the park; my husband, Peter, is driving and my beautiful daughter, Florence, is sitting in the back of the car. I turn around to see her asleep, her head buried in the seats soft material and her pastel pink blanket pulled around her body- making it look like she is surrounded in a pink cocoon.
Clasped in her pale hand, her fluffy rabbit teddy sits- suffocating in the strong grip in which she is holding it. Wearing with age, marks of use are evident on the bunnies soft casing, demonstrating the love she always has for it. She cannot sleep without being in the company of that toy, I turn back around and smile at my loving husband.
I couldn't ask for a better family.
Looking back towards the road, I see a pair of bright lights up ahead. They appear to be swerving profusely. Left. Right. Left. Peter has noticed them too and an expression of pure nerves is set on his face. He tries to escape them but they are heading right for us.
"PETER!" I shout.
We're going to get hit. We can't escape. This isn't fair. Florence, she has her whole life ahead of her, she can't die. I take a deep breath and reach for the steering wheel. It's now or never. I pull it to the left so my husband and I are in the lights direct path.
"I love..."
BANG!
Darkness.