Chapter 9

Flora's POV
After I left the living room, I opened the front door and was greeted by the smiling face of Josh, he hooked his arm around mine and we walked together to the park. When we arrived, he led me to a more secluded area, where there was a romantic picnic set up for us.
"I hope it's okay, you don't have any allergies do you? Oh, I should've checked. I'm so sorry..." he panicked.
"It's perfect." I interrupted, sitting down on the red and white checkered picnic blanket. Taking a seat next to me, he opened up a hamper revealing a variety of different foods.
Crackers, sandwiches, crisps, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, chocolate, cakes- you name it, it was there.

🅦🅐🅡🅝🅘🅝🅖- Please read on with caution, some may find the following section slightly distressing- if that may be you, please skip to the end of this part. Thank you ~A

We sat under the trees, eating all of our food and talking about ourselves, until the sun began to set and people began to leave the park. I sat up straighter,
"It's getting late," I commented, "I need to be back by 6." He just laughed and took my hand in his.

" Surely you can just be fifteen minutes late?" He questioned, gradually tightening his grip on my hand.

Hastily, I ripped my hand from his and stood up. " No Josh, I can't, I promised I'd get back before 6," I explained.

He stood up, placing his hands on my waist: "well, too bad- I'm not done with you." He smirked evilly, tightening his grip.

"Josh stop. That hurts." I whimpered, he didn't stop, instead- tightening his grip further.

Josh started to lean in, I panicked, my brain not knowing what it should do, run? No, he'd catch up. In the heat of the moment, I raised my hand and soon enough, it came into contact with his face, producing a loud smack sound.

Due to the shock, he let down his guard for a split second, loosening his grip on my waist- swiftly, I wriggled out of his grasp and started to run. As fast as my legs would carry me, I started sprinting in a random direction, with no instinct as to where I would end up. But I didn't stop- I could hear Josh's shouts from behind me. Don't stop Flora. Keep running. I mentally gave myself a pep talk and continued to run until I could no longer hear him.
🅦🅐🅡🅝🅘🅝🅖 🅔🅝🅓🅢

Spotting a nearby bench, I ran towards it and sat down. One by one, tears started to leak from my eyes, etching a pattern of water upon my cheeks. I didn't know where I was, and I didn't know what to do.

I was alone all over again.

Through sobs, I pulled out my phone and opened my contacts. There was no one I could call. If I called Mike or May- Li, I would end up having to explain why I was so late, I should've been back ages ago. Tee and Carmen don't have their phones as they are grounded and the others are too young.

There was only one person I could call.

Johnny's POV
I was sitting in the living room watching TV when my phone suddenly started to ring, I turned it on and looked at the Caller ID it said 'Flo', why would she be calling me- she's on a date isn't she? Despite this, I answered the phone and placed it to my ear.

J~ Johnny
F~ Flora

J~ Hello?
F~ J-J-Johnny?
J~ Yes? Oh my gosh Flo, what's wrong?
F~ Please can you come and find me?
J~ Of course, where are you?

I quickly jumped up, running towards the front door, grabbing my coat and putting on my shoes.

F~ I don't know.
J~ Where's your date?
F~ Please Johnny, I don't know where I am. I need help.
J~ I'm coming, what can you see?
F~ Well, there's trees, a lake and I can see a large glass building.
J~ Oh okay, I know where you are, just wait- I'm on my way. What should I tell Mike?
F~ The truth. That I'm lost.
J~ Are you sure that's all?
F~ I'm sure, just please. Be quick.

And with that, she hung up, I told Mike where I was going and dashed out the door. Time to find Flora.