Chapter 11

Flora's POV
I slept like a baby that night, but was rudely awoken by the loud buzzing of my alarm- BEEP BEEP. I swung my legs over the side of my warm, cosy bed and stood up, throwing my comfy duvet behind me; I tapped the upper side of the clock, causing the obnoxious beeping to stop.

Sitting back on my bed, I contemplate what I'm going to do, recollecting the events that occurred yesterday, I don't think going for a run is an option. Instead, I have a wash and get changed into my outfit for the day.

Once I'd got changed, I descended the stairs and walked into the kitchen, putting some fresh water in the kettle and turning it on

Once I'd got changed, I descended the stairs and walked into the kitchen, putting some fresh water in the kettle and turning it on. Whilst the water was boiling, I took a mug out of the cupboard and put in the ingredients for tea- taking a seat on the countertop. I was pouring the water in the cup when another person entered the room, I could tell it was Johnny from the slow footsteps.

"Hello" I said, yawning.

"What are you doing up so early?" He questioned- taking a seat across from me on the counter.

"Well, I should be going for a run but, well, I um, didn't really feel like it." I explained. He nodded, giving me a look of pity.

"And you're sure you're okay?" He asked.

I replied with a simple murmur of yes. Then turned to face him,

"Hot drink?" I asked, he shook his head and left the room. Picking up my drink, I slowly walked to the living room to find it already inhabited. I took a seat on the sofa and sat, quietly sipping my tea- the heat slowly warming up my body, running through my blood. We sat silently until people began coming downstairs for breakfast. Tee was the first to enter the living room.

"What are you two doing up so early?" She asked, whilst looking between us.

"Couldn't sleep." I replied, standing up and walking past Tee back into the kitchen. I stood by the sink and quickly washed up my mug, before taking a seat at the table between Tee and Carmen. Looking over the assortment of breakfast foods which were smothering the large dining room table, I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat there, devouring the corn flakes. The girls beside me, were watching my every move,
"So," Tee said.

"How was the date?" Carmen asked.

I looked up from the food, dropping my spoon in my cereal, causing the milk to splash around in the bowl.

"Um, I don't think I'm going to see him again." I shot the girls a weak smile, and continued to chew my food.

"But..."

"Honestly guys, please- just drop it."

Everyone who was sitting around the table continued eating as Mike entered the room, alongside May- Li who was carrying some keys- they looked very similar to the ones to the minibus.

"Flora, I need to take you shopping today-if that's okay? We need to purchase you some school uniform, and whilst we are out, we could buy some paint and decorations for your room!" May-Li spoke up.

The thought of returning to school in a few weeks instantly dampened my mood, but I replied,

"That sounds great, thank you May-Li. When are we leaving?"

"As soon as you're ready." She answered.

Upon hearing this, I evacuated my chair and left the kitchen, the black haired women following close behind. After getting ready, we left the house and climbed into the minibus- getting prepared for the journey into town.