Chapter 14

Flora's POV
Waking up, I heard the sound of arguing echoing up the halls- after quickly getting dressed, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen in which all of the drama was occurring.

"This is going to be the most fun!" Carmen squealed.

"I'm so excited, I've been thinking about it all week," added Tee.

"Why, what's going on?" Johnny asked.

"What's going on?" Tyler mocked, a sense of surprise evident in his voice, " it's the final of 'Find Me A Star' tomorrow night."

Johnny let out a fake sound of excitement- 'whoopiedoo'.

"Oh, what do you know?" Tee replied.

"Whatever, as long as it's finished by 7:30, right lads?" Johnny exclaimed.

Bailey and Finn patted him on the back before running in circles shouting "England" at the top of their lungs. I leant on the cupboard and watched the scene unfold before me- going unnoticed by the rest of the group.

"Ugh football."

"Yes football, its England - you know the England versus Portugal match"

"It's a friendly, it's not even a real match."

"And we bagsied the TV"

"You can't bagsie the TV when there is an England match on." Bailey whined.

"Well, we did."

There was a slight pause, before everyone involved shouted a loud- "Mike".

I chuckled, making me become noticed by the rest of the group-
"Oh, hi Flora" Tee said.

"Morning" I replied- grabbing myself a slice of toast and taking a seat at the table. Munching away contently at my piece of gloriously buttered golden toast, I listened in on the conversation occurring around me...

"You're gonna have to work it out, what can I say?" Mike replied nonchalantly.

Not necessarily feeling intrigued by the conversation, I blocked it out and continued to eat my toast- not starting to listen again until the talking gradually became louder. Soon enough, everyone involved was fighting over who should be allowed the television.

"Stop! Obviously we're going to have to settle this the old fashioned way. May I introduce the ancient arts of debate and comprise." Mike stated, gesturing with his hands.

Surrounding me, shocked, disappointed faces were glancing around the room- with sullen eyes almost pleading for reassurance.

"Maybe not," Mike continued, "Rock- Paper- Scissors, coin toss?"

Carmen's head dramatically whipped up at the idea, before slowly stating-
"I am not giving up Find me a Star on a coin toss," whilst shaking her head.

Feeling amused by the situation, I evacuated to the living room where I sat reading a book- I was fully engaged in the story when everyone entered the space- like a herd of buffalo.

"Right," Carmen shouted, whilst surveying the area, "we're having a vote!"

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and walked between the different sofas where everyone was gathered- despite the fact I wasn't particularly bothered by whichever option got chosen.

"Yes," Bailey agreed," you have to join the side which you would rather watch."

I looked between the two different sides, people gradually began travelling to the different sofas until I was the only person left in the middle.

"Flo?" Tee asked.

Peering at the different groups, I noticed that the football side was winning by one person, smug looks etched onto their faces, obviously assuming I was going to side with them. I smirked knowing my decision. Standing up, I steadied myself and walked towards the Find me a Star side and sat down; looking back, I could see the shocked looks on the other teams faces.

"But..." Johnny started before I cut him off-
"Don't get me wrong, I love football, but it's Find me a Star. It only happens once a year, it's great, we can't miss it!" Receiving many high fives I crossed my legs on the sofa to position myself more comfortably.

"Well, that really worked- it was a draw." Carmen said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"What can we do now?" I questioned.

"I have an idea." Tyler suggested, standing up and explaining his plan.

"Let's do it." Everyone agreed.