Chapter 7

Sprinting back, I arrived home in record time- running through the door, I quickly grabbed an outfit, showered and got dressed.

It was time for breakfast so I jogged down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, everybody turned towards me, stunned

It was time for breakfast so I jogged down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, everybody turned towards me, stunned. No one said anything.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I laughed.

"I am in love with your dress!" Carmen shouted. The twins walked up to me and told me that I looked lovely. I felt the happiest I've ever felt, all of the compliments made me feel so special. I just thanked everyone and sat down in the spare seat next to Johnny and Floss. Grabbing a slice of toast, everyone resumed eating- Tee shot me a look, mentally asking if I was alright, I nodded and buttered the slice.

May- Li entered the room and made herself a hot drink, she scanned the table- "ah Flora, did you have a nice run?" She asked. I nodded.

"You were gone for a while, care to explain?" Mike added. Everyone turned to me.

"Um, well, I." I stuttered.

"OOOH, did Flora meet someone?" Carmen shouted. Everyone laughed at her joke. Except Tee. I just sat there, a guilty expression on my face.

" You did, didn't you?" Tee exclaimed.

"Um, yes?" I answered. Everyone fell silent in shock, Johnny dropped his fork- everyone turned to him and then back to me. I slumped back into my seat.

"What happened?" Carmen asked, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Well" I began, but was cut off by the sound of my phone. I looked down and my notifications and smiled; I had received a text from Josh.
Josh: Hey Flora, it's me- Josh. I was just wondering if you'd like to meet up later?
I typed a quick reply:
Flo: Sure, I'd love to! When and where?

I looked up from my screen and noticed that everyone was staring intently at me.

"What? I made a friend, that's all!" I sassed.

Harry spoke up, "Can I meet them?" He questioned.

"I'm sure he'd love to meet you Harry!" Tee and Carmen giggled.

"Whoa, what do you mean- he?" Johnny asked.

"I mean he. You know, a boy." I replied, whilst rising from my chair. I walked to the counter and put my utensils away. My phone buzzed again.

Josh: Is 1 okay, it's a date- dress fancy!

I smiled as butterflies filled my stomach. I quickly replied a yes and looked back towards the group.

"Is that, him?" Johnny spat.

"Yes, it is. Now if you don't mind. Tee, Carmen- please can you come to my room soon, I need a girly chat." I said. They both nodded and with that I walked out the room, stopping briefly at the door to say:
"Mike, May-Li, is it okay for me to go out at about 1? I'll make sure I'm back before 6."

"Okay, where is it that you will be going?" Mike questioned.

"I'll let you know, he hasn't told me yet, it's a surprise." I replied, and with that I ran up the stairs to my room, followed by Tee and Carmen.