Chapter 10

Flora's POV
I quietly sat on the bench, swinging my legs backwards and forwards, watching the world go by. The gradual darkening of the sky, the street lamps creating silhouettes, illuminating the ground below- creating small pockets of light. Around ten minutes passed before I could hear the faint calling of my name. It was getting closer and closer. Louder and louder. When suddenly, I could see a figure in the distance. I stood up and called out.

"JOHNNY!"

The figure turned and looked in my direction. I started running towards them; as I got closer, I could make out that it was definitely the boy that I phoned. The boy that came looking for me when I needed him most.
I'm guessing he realised who I was, because he started to run towards me- we met and I threw my arms around his waist. He seemed shocked at first, but soon relaxed and put his arms around me, I started to cry into his chest, whilst he just held me- letting me cry.

It was getting late so he took my hand and led me back home, we walked in silence until it was broken by the question I was dreading to hear.

"Flora, tell me truthfully, what happened?"

I didn't say anything, just walked- contemplating what to say. Do I tell him the truth? Johnny just continued walking, waiting for my answer.

"It was Josh." I said. Johnny's head snapped around to face me. I continued. "He tried to kiss me, he wouldn't let me leave. If I hadn't escaped- I don't know what he would've done." I cried. Johnny gave me a side hug and continued to walk me home.

"It's okay, I won't let him hurt you again." He said, with a determined look on his face. We arrived home and stopped walking when we reached the door, he held out his arm to stop me from entering.

"What are we going to say?" He asked.

"That I got lost, please don't tell them about it," Johnny pulled a face of disagreement, "Please Johnny."

"Fine, but if anything else happens. Mike should know."

"Okay" I said, rolling my eyes.

Entering the house, I was met by the stern face of Mike.

"Where were you?" he questioned.

"Well, I..."

"She got lost," Johnny interrupted," I found her at the park the other side of town, thats why we took so long to get back."

" I'm so sorry, it won't happen again" I added.

Mike nodded and motioned for us to go to bed, we walked upstairs and went our separate ways. Departing, I turned around,
"Johnny?" I called.

"Yes?" He replied, turning around.

"Thank you." I said, before smiling and walking away.