Chapter 15

A/N Sorry about this chapter, I have major writers block and didn't really want to write it. I have a few ideas of things that could happen afterwards- soon Ryan will be joining. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do with this story? Who would you all like Flora to end up with? ! Love - A

Flora's POV
It was now a bit later in the day, the teams were huddling in rooms- collecting large amounts of food and stuffing it into backpacks, ready to be eaten later during the competition.

"So, all we have to do is keep our hand on the TV?" I asked Tee, whilst putting more items in my bag.

"Yeah," she replied, " you have a certain amount of timed toilet breaks as well."

"Okay, that sounds reasonably straight forward." I said, looking around the space and studying the other members of my group. Situated at various points in the room, people were lounging in chairs and lying on beds, holding their belongings close to them- away from the other team. Many people had now changed into more comfortable clothes- preparing for what was to come; time passed and eventually the competition was scheduled to begin.

"Right, we need to stay calm," Carmen said, "If we do that- we can win

"Right, we need to stay calm," Carmen said, "If we do that- we can win."

Nodding my head, I added, "Don't drink too much either, we only have 3 toilet breaks!"

Mike ended our conversation by announcing the beginning of the competition, everyone stood around the television, ready to place their hand upon it. I was ready.

3

2

1

Everyone slammed their hands upon the top of the TV, looking around- as if scouting out the other team, stalking their prey. I must say, it did appear quite threatening! Thoughts swirled around in my head, suffocating my brain- I didn't know what to do or think so I just sat, contently resting my hand upon the large grey object.

Time Skip

As the hours passed, I looked around the room- time had slowly whittled down the previously large teams into smaller groups. In my team, only myself and Tee remained whereas in the football team, only Bailey and Johnny had their hand upon the television. Suddenly, I started to feel my head drooping- it was as if the desire for sleep had just hit me around the face. Turning my head, I made eye contact with Tee- she also looked as if she was about the pass out any moment.

I must stay awake...

Grasping a piece of my chestnut brown hair with my free hand, I started to twirl it around my fingers, in an attempt to distract myself from the overwhelming need for sleep which was attempting to invade my body. As time continued, I started to examine my surroundings closer; I had never really had the chance to explore the room in depth. Upon the crimson walls, a profusion of hand drawn images were plastered- from which a home like spirit radiated. The messy crayon drawings presented the room as more cosy, I don't know why... but it made me feel at home. Books were scattered around the room, toys sprawled out upon the floor and cushions slumped upon the sofa- a proper living room. To my right, Tee remained, her eyes gently squeezed shut and her hand slowly sliding down the side of the TV, before relocating itself upon her chest.

She was disqualified.

An outburst of applause began, and the other team were sitting with smirks on their faces, content with the idea of winning. The abrupt increase in noise awoke Tee with a jolt.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just too tired- I'm going up to bed."
Johnny laughed at his sisters words and uttered a goodnight.

"Night Tee," I replied, the sound encroached by a large yawn, as she made her way out of the room.

Time Skip

The sun was rising, and everyone has regrouped in the sitting room downstairs- watching in awe at the three who remained around the TV. I was just about awake, my kept my eyes closed- in an attempt to fool my body into thinking I was sleeping, I could hear various conversations occurring around me.

"Can you move around a bit?" Bailey asked, with a slight edge to his voice.

"Uhhh, stop banging on will you." Johnny yawned.

"Flora, wake up." I felt myself being shaken by whom I can only guess to be Carmen- I slowly opened my eye, allowed them to adjust to the light, before looking around.

"How many more times Johnny, can you stand over there and stop elbowing me?" Bailey shouted. I grasped my head with my spare hand at the loud sounds.

"I didn't elbow you alright, calm down."

"This is your elbow right? And this is what you're doing with it," Bailey lifted his elbow and started jabbing Johnny with it, it didn't take long before Johnny started elbowing back, which resulted in them lying as a pile on the floor.

They were out.

"We won!" Carmen squealed, running up to hug me.

"Well done Flo," Tyler added, whilst dancing around the room screaming 'Find me a Star". I actually won, a gigantic smile made its way upon my face as I looked around at my celebrating friends:

I did it.