Chapter 5

Tee's POV
After finally completing all of the chores, such as washing up, we all started to make our way upstairs for some time in our rooms- as I reached the end of the hallway near my room I could hear a beautiful, peaceful melody being played on a guitar. Slowly, I edged closer to the noise... It appeared to be coming from Flora's room; a voice joined in with the guitar and lyrics were being sung. The voice complimented the guitar perfectly, it sounded like an angel- I leant against the door and just sat listening, allowing the melancholic voice fill my ears.

Gradually, more people joined me, until the whole of the Dumping Ground were sitting with me, listening to the performance. Every note, every word, every sound just radiating emotion- pain and loss filling the voice to the brim.
To my left, Billie and Toni had tears filling their eyes, creating miniature pools of water and all around me- people sat stunned, nothing could be heard except for the comfortable silence.

The music began to draw to a close and was soon replaced by the sound of muffled cries.

"That was beautiful." Mo whispered.

"I know..." I replied along with hushed murmurs of agreements.

"Who was that?" Asked Harry

"Flora" Johnny mumbled, frowning.

"It was so emotional" Carmen added.

"The poor girl" Kaz muttered but was cut off by the sharp slam of the door- Flora caught us all. People began to stand up and walk away with their thoughts, I waited until I was the last person remaining- before pressing my ear up to the door, crying echoed through my eardrums. Raising my hand- I knocked on the door.

No reply. I knocked again.

"Go away!"

Not giving in, I knocked again.

"Please..." A voice choked, followed by the sound of another whimper.

" It's Tee, please let me in." I said.

"Only you?"

"Only me" I confirmed.

The door slowly opened, revealing a broken girl, with a tear stained face- shocked, I pulled her in for a hug.

Flora's POV
Tee pulled me into a hug and we just stood there, with me crying into her shoulder- leaving a tear stained mark on her shirt. Rubbing small circles onto my back, Tee guided me into my room and closed the door- I was still a crying mess and she waited for the tears to subdue.
"Flo, what's wrong?" She asked.
I looked up at her, a brief smile tugging at my lips at the new nickname, and took a deep breath.
" I think it's time for me to tell you why I'm here.."
"No, you don't have to tell me it's fine." Tee interjected.
"Honestly, its fine- I trust you. I was seven, it all happened after a fun day at the park, we'd spent the whole day playing on the playground but we had to go home; we got into the car and were on our way when there were some lights up ahead. They were getting nearer- we were going to get hit. At the last minute, my mum pulled the wheel so they would get the full impact and I would be safe, my parents both died straight away, but I survived." I sobbed, choking on my words, Tee pulled me into a bone crushing hug- a few tears also escaping her eyes.
"She didn't even have time to finish saying I love you..." I cried. Tee continued to comfort me until we were told it was time for bed, she left for her room and I changed into my pyjamas. I cried myself to sleep that night.