1. birthdays

"Happy birthday Alaska!" My family cheered as the walked into my bedroom with a chocolate cake in my moms arms.

"Thanks guys!" Today was my sixteenth birthday, the day I finally get to shift and hopefully the day I find my mate.

My entire family sat down on my bed and gave me hugs and kisses. My mom and dad had taken a day off from their duties as the alpha and luna of our pack but something tells me that it's not because it's my birthday, but because I might find my mate.

My dad is very protective and I'm sure that whenever I do find my mate, my dad is going to give him a very hard time.

"What time do I get to shift tonight?" I asked my parents. The sooner I shift, the sooner I can find my mate. I have been dreaming of this day for my entire life. Both my brother and sister have found theirs and they seem really happy. I can only hope that my mate is in our pack.

"Just before midnight, sweetie" my mom said and my dad just sat there with a scowl on his face. He thought that I was growing up too fast but I think it's just that he didn't want his baby girl to leave him.

I was really excited about shifting tonight. I wanted to know what my wolf looked like, was she fast or slow?, was she intimidating? I want to know what it's like to run through the woods as a wolf and finally be as strong as my sister. I can't wait to be a wolf

When my parents and brother left my sister, Gina smirked at me and threw a giant box of condoms at me and ran out the room.

"Use them wisely!" She screamed from downstairs.

I burst out laughing and followed them all to the kitchen.

"So what's for breakfast ? " I asked with a smile on my face, knowing the answer already.

"Cake of course"

-------
The first two chapters are going to be this short because it is just an intro to let you know what is happening in the beginning with Caleb and Alaska.

The next chapter will be about Caleb

XXX