12. Heat

Just a filler- sorry( it's all I can do for now)

Caleb's POV

Seeing my beautiful mate in pain is excruciating to watch. I know that I am the only one that will be able to help her but every time I hold her close to me, trying to take away her pain, I start losing control. My wolf has been clawing to get out and mate with Alaska, which I really want but I will never let that happen without knowing that she is one hundred percent ready and comfortable with that. There is no doubt that my wolf is just trying to comfort her but I want our first time to be special and not when I'm just doing it because it is the most effective way to help her pain.

"Caleb please, I need you!" Alaska screamed for the thousandth time today. I mean, I'm not complaining because it's a real pleasure to know that she wants me but it's a bit of a bummer that it's for the wrong reasons.

"I'm so sorry baby. I can't help you without losing control and I really don't want that to happen, okay? Shall I run you a cold bath to help cool you down a little?" I asked. It was torture watching my mate go through this and knowing that I can't control my wolf long enough to hold her close and relieve her pain for a while.

There were only three things that could help with the pain during the time of a she wolfs heat; mating( the most effective) , skin-to-skin contact( effective but doesn't last long) and a very cold bath/shower to help her cool down. It sucks to know that I am only capable of performing the last action.

"Yes please" she whispered whilst squeezing her eyes shut as another wave of pain rushed over her.

I walked into the bathroom to fill up the bath with ice cold water and walked back out into the bedroom as it filled up.

I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself before lifting her up off the bed and slowly carrying her towards the bathroom. She sighed contently as our skin made direct contact, relieving some of her pain.

I sat her down on the edge of the bathtub and I slowly began to undress her as she was in too much pain to do so herself.

Once she was completely undressed, I had to take serious control over my wolf as he pried to be released and to mate with Alaska. I picked her up and lay her down inside of the ice cold bubbly water.

Left her to relax and cool down for a bit while I got some pack paperwork done.

I was starting to get worried about my sweet mate. Her heat was supposed to end two days ag-

I was cut short from my thoughts as heard Alaska scream.

I was in the bathroom within a second or two, only to find her standing, shivering outside of the tub.

"I think my heat is finally finished" she breathed. Talk about perfect timing.

I ran up to her and engulfed her in a huge hug, finally not need to control my wolf any longer, hoping to warm her up and I also just wanted to hug my precious baby.

-----------------

Hey guys! I am so sorry for not updating in like forever! I have been extremely busy with school and I also broke my ankle recently, which you might think gives me more time to write but it really doesn't. Hauling myself around on crutches all day long really tires you out you know.

BIG NEWS:

WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED 1,000 READS!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY WHO HAS TAKEN YHE TIME OUT OF THEIR DAY TO READ MY BOOK ( and putting up with my pathetic updates.)