11. Goodbyes

I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I have been really busy with school starting up again and a bunch of family stuff too so please forgive me!

I felt like my creativity flew out the window while I was busy writing this chapter so if you find that it's really boring and doesn't really flow, now you know why.

CALEBS POV

Alaskas family had arrived a little over a week ago and I am really glad to say that I am getting along with all of them really well, including her older brother.

I have been letting my beautiful mate spend time with her family before they go back to their own pack. We will soon be joining them for James' proposal to his mate but I thought it would be good for her to spend some alone time with them. Of course I have had guards placed all around the house for protection but I left the house so that they could have some privacy.

Today I'm in my office doing the pack paperwork and trying to concentrate on doing my job as the alpha of the pack, but instead I can't keep my thoughts away from Alaska. I can sense that she will be going into heat soon and it's driving me crazy to not be near her.

Alaska and mines relationship has been going great so far and by 'great' I mean GREAT! We share a bed, we kiss each other whenever we get the chance to and we can be totally honest with each other about almost anything.

When I say almost anything I mean the fact that I am madly in love with her. I knew that I loved her the second I laid my eyes upon her beautiful wolf but that was because of the mate bond but recently I became aware that I was completely and utterly in love with her. I love everything about her. Her smile. Her laugh. The way she subconsciously snuggles up to me at night. The way her eyes crinkle at the corners when she smiles. I could carry on forever and ever.

The point is that I haven't told her exactly how I feel because I am too darn scared that she will get frightened
of the commitment and run away. If she ever left me I have no idea how I would carry on with my life. She means everything to me. I don't think I could live without her for even a single day. I long for her when I haven't seen her for a couple of minutes. I wonder how I would feel if I never got to see my precious girl ever again.

No! Don't even think about that. We will always be near her! We have waited too long to lose her!

I jumped slightly in surprise as my wolfs voice echoed throughout my head.

Don't worry. We won't lose her. I won't let it happen. I replied to Marcus ( my wolf)

----------

Once I arrive home After a long day at my office, I take long strides towards our front door but just before I could reach the for the door handle, the door swung open to reveal the most stunning woman I had ever seen in my life. She stood there in only her bikini that I had bought her a few days ago.

She jumped into my arms as I tried not to think about how she was almost naked and clinging onto me.

I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my lips to hers. We have both noticed the need to be around each other more now that she is going into heat.

I reluctantly pull away and carry her dripping body inside the house and set her down on the kitchen countertop to stand between her legs so that I can kiss her once again. I tried to deepen the kiss this time but she soon stopped me and pulled away.

"Baby, my parents are still here." She whispered against my lips.

I smiled and gave her one last peck before I helped her down from the
kitchen countertop and we walked out to the pool area where her family was.

"Hey Anne, Richard. How are you guys doing today?" I asked my mates parents.

"Ah, Caleb! We are doing just fine thank you, dear. We were just telling Alaska that today is our last day here at your pack. All the repairs have been done back home therefore we are now needed." Anne said sadly.

I had grown quite close to Anne within the week that she has been here. She treats me like a son. It's a nice feeling to have again.

"We are both going to miss you but don't worry because we will both be at the Blue Crescent pack next week." I said cheerfully but I could see that that wasn't what they were sad about. "Don't worry. I will take very good care of your daughter. I won't let a soul harm a hair on her head. Am I right Richard?" I asked him because he knew exactly what it felt like to want to protect your mate from anything and everything.

"I know that you will take good care of her, son. But if you prove me wrong, just know that severe consequences will follow." He said playfully but a part of me knew that he was dead serious underneath all that playfulness.

"Yes sir." I said in all seriousness as I gazed down at Alaska lovingly.

"Well I guess we should get going if we want to make it back by dark, honey" Anne said to Richard

"Of course" he replied as he took her hand and guided her gently to the front door.

"I am going to miss you guys so much" Alaska said as she hugged her mom and dad goodbye.

"We are going to miss you too but you have someone new to keep you company now" hem mom said with a smirk.

"Goodbye mom!" Alaska shouted as her parents walked away from the house.

She shut the door and jumped into my arms and started kissing me like her life depended on it. Suddenly I am hit with her scent but it's a million times stronger.

I quickly but gently pushed her off me, I knew that I wouldn't be able to control myself for long when I can smell her heat so clearly.

As soon as she was off of me she crumpled to the ground and started screaming.

"Help me! CALEB!!!" She screamed. I knew that I was the only one to decrease her pain but I don't know how long I will be able to control myself.

Not knowing what to do, I finally made the decision to pick her up bridal style and carry her to the couch. As soon as we got to the couch, I held her like a baby and I wouldn't let go until she fell asleep.

It was hard not to let my wolf take control and mate with her right then and there but I managed in the end to keep him calm.

The next few days are going to be the hardest of my life. Staying in control around her is going to be a mission. But I would do anything for her.

-----------------
Thank you so much for waiting for my update. I have been really busy; going back to school and all.

Please let me know what you think.

Question:are you back at school or still on holiday?

Thank you for reading!❤️

Xxx