3. Shifting

Alaska's pov

After breakfast, I got ready for school. I had to look extra good today incase I found my mate at school.

It was easy to choose my outfit. A maroon red long sleeve tucked into a cream colored skirt with a cute belt. Thin tights and some cute heels. 

Once I was In my outfit, I looked in the mirror and smirked, my mate would go crazy if he saw me in this

Once I was In my outfit, I looked in the mirror and smirked, my mate would go crazy if he saw me in this. Damn I looked good.

I drove with my brother and sister and their mates to school and to say it was awkward is an understatement. They were both being very lovey dovey towards their mates and there I am being the fifth wheel once again. But hopefully that will change today or sometime soon.

As soon as we got to school, I spotted my best friend Alexis waiting for me with a bunch of balloons in hand and a gift to go with them.

"Happy birthday Alaska!" She screamed as she ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug, the balloons shoved in my face while doing so. 

"Thanks Lexi. I am really excited to shift tonight and hopefully I will fond my mate too." I squealed.

"Well what are you waiting for? Take a whiff! Smell anything delicious?" She said as I breathed in and much to my disappointment, I didn't smell anything out of the ordinary.

I hung my head and shook it. I'm not sure why I am so sad I mean he might not go to school. Maybe he is out of school already.

" I'm sure you will find him soon, love."

I nodded and we walked to our first class together, the whole school wishing me a happy birthday as we passed everyone. Not that I brag about it but I am probably the most popular girl at the school aside from my sister. It's not because we are pretty or sluts, but because we are genuinely kind people.

As the day went by, I grew more and more disappointed that I hadn't found my mate at school. But I also grew more excited that I would soon get to shift into my wolf, which would make it easier to find my mate.

I'm not sure why I'm so determined to find my mate but all I know is that I want to find him and I want to find him soon.

As soon as school was over Alexis and I drove to the nearest Starbucks on her motorcycle. She was one of those badass chicks who wore leather and went to motorcycle rally's and all that. But when you get to know her, she is just as soft as the rest of us. I mean the girl had unicorns all over her bedroom walls.

As soon as we got there I sniffed the air but still, nothing. We ordered our usual Oreo and chocolate sauce frap from the really hot guy behind the counter. Why did Starbucks always have such hot staff!?

We drank our drinks and I listened to Alexis talk about this guy that she likes but she doesn't have the nerve to tell him. I unfortunately know that he doesn't like her back but I don't really want to tell her that because that will break her heart but I'm sure that this is just a phase and she will start liking another guy soon enough, it happens all the time.