10.Meeting the family

[UNEDITED]~ as per usual😂

We continued kissing until we heard someone clear their throat.

We pulled away only to be greeted by my family...oh no.

My father and brother were scowling but my mother and sister had the biggest grins I had ever seen plastered on their faces.

I looked over to Caleb and I could tell he was nervous. It was hilarious! The big and fearful alpha Caleb Black was nervous. Priceless.

I shifted towards Caleb and wrapped one of my arms around him, earning a deep growl from my father which Caleb returned with just as much power. My father looked stunned.

"Honey we missed you!" My mother screamed as she rushed over to me.

Caleb growled at her subconsciously and she suddenly took a step back.

"Caleb! That's my mother. Don't you dare growl at her!" I shouted and slapped him on the chest.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to." He then looked to my mother who was looking at him warily " I'm sorry that I growled at you. It just came out. I guess it's going to be a habit when anyone unfamiliar to me comes near your daughter." he apologized and nuzzled his head into my neck.

My father walked over slowly to Caleb, but stopped right in front of him, staring Caleb directly in the eye.

"Welcome to the family, son." He said with a slight smile and he pulled Caleb into one of those 'bro hugs'

" thank you daddy!" I screamed as I jumped into his arms to give him a hug.

My mother and sister joined us in a group hug and they both pulled Caleb into the hug too.

I noticed that my brother was still standing to the side, giving Caleb a look that showed that he didn't like my mate one bit.

"James, don't be like that." I spoke as calmly as I could.

"Why not? Do you know who this guy is? Caleb Black is ruthless and I don't trust him one bit." He growled at mate and I had to hold on to Caleb's arm to keep him in control.

"You don't have to trust him, I just ask that you respect that we are together." I said and I grabbed Caleb's hand and we walked away before I could cause a fight with my brother.

"I'm sorry about James. He just doesn't know you yet but he will come around." I said as we walked back to Caleb's house.

"I hope so." He said with a small frown and I automatically knew that something was bothering him.

"What's up?" I asked

"It's what your brother said about me."

"Oh, don't mind him. He's an idiot." I said with a laugh but he simply stopped in his tracks and shook his head.

"No, he isn't. He said that I'm ruthless and he is absolutely right. I often don't think before I act. I wanted to kill my own brother for talking to you but I know that if I did I would feel terrible afterwards. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. But the point is that I was ready to do it. I didn't think about it and he is right not to trust me. I got really mad when he said that stuff about me because I didn't stop to think that it was all true."

"Caleb none of that is true! You are not ruthless! All you wanted to do is protect me and earlier when he said those things about you, you got mad because you knew they weren't true! " I said, knowing that what I just said was absolutely right.

I pulled him I to a hug and held on tight.

"How do you do that?" He asked

"How do I do what?" I asked, confused.

"How do you make everything in life better?" He said with a kiss on my forehead.

I simply smiled and blushed, not knowing what to say in response.

We carried on walking back to his house but took a detour because Caleb said that he wanted to show me the rest of the territory that he never got to show me today.

By the time we got back to the house we spotted James sitting on the front porch waiting for us. As soon as he spotted us, he stood up and slowly walked towards us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked James, trying my best to stay calm.

"Uh... One of the pack members showed us to the house. Mom, dad and Gina went for dinner but I wanted to stay and apologize." He said and I was proud of him. It was difficult for an alpha, or any male werewolf with a high rank to apologize and James was going to take the alpha position soon.

Caleb held out his hand for James to shake and thankfully James did just that. I smiled knowing that the worst was over.

"Listen, man. I'm sorry about how I reacted when I found out about you. I just don't think that I was ready for my baby sister to grow up. I mean I couldn't even be there for her shift because I couldn't handle the thought of her growing up." He smiled at me. "I didn't mean those things I said. When I get angry things just slip out, and I'm sure you do the same. I hope we can get past all of this for the sake of Alaska."

"You don't need to worry about it James. It's all in the past and it's best we forget about it" Caleb said with a smile and pulled James into a bro hug.

"Just promise me one thing." James requested

"Sure. Why not?"

"Don't get my sister pregnant anytime soon. I mean she only just turned 16" James said as he cringed.

My eyes went wide and my jaw dropped and practically hit the floor and Caleb burst out laughing.

"James! I won't be getting pregnant for at least the next four years so don't worry." I laughed and looked up to see a look of relief on Caleb's face.

We all walked into the house together and Caleb quickly rand upstairs to take a shower, leaving me and James to do some brother, sister bonding.

"So where's Hannah? I thought that she would be with you. " Hannah was his mate and soon to be luna. She was kind and loving towards everyone, even if you didn't show her any kindness or love.

Mentioning his mate caused his entire face to light up as he thought about her. He loved her more than anything in the entire world and would do anything that she asked for.

"She is back at the pack. Her parents came to visit so she decided to stay behind." He said sadly. But soon that sadness turned to nervousness and he looked up to meet my eyes with his. "I'm going to propose to her when we get back to the pack. The whole family is going to be there and I'd like it if you and Caleb came too."

I couldn't hide the smile that kept on growing on my face. "Of course we will be there! I wouldn't miss that for the world! I can't believe my big brother is going to be engaged!" I said excitedly

Caleb heard me squealing and ran down the stairs to make sure that I was okay.

"Alaska! Are you okay?" Caleb said from the bottom of the stairs.

I turned to tell him that I was okay and found him in only a towel and water dripping from his beautiful hair and down his well-defined torso.

I wanted to tell him that I was fine. But the truth is that I am most definitely not fine. I was falling madly in love with Caleb Black.

-------------------

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! #2017✨

I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. IT WAS KIND OF RUSHED BUT ANYWAY....

Question of the day:what did you do on New Year's Eve? Did you celebrate? Did you stay at home?

Enjoy your week/end❤️✨

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

XXX