20. The Past

After the long day we have had, Caleb decided that we both deserved a night out. Somewhere cozy and relaxed. He refused to tell me where he was taking me even though I hated not knowing where I was going.

"But Caleb, if you don't tell me where we are going, I won't know what to wear." I said sticking out my bottom lip.

"Just wear what you have on" he said, clearly not giving in.

"I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt Caleb, I can't go out in this. Please tell me." I beg.

"Nope, it's a surprise. Just wear something casual and comfortable. We aren't going anywhere fancy." He smiles down at me before pressing his lips to my forehead and walking to the bathroom for a shower.

I walk over to my closet and search for a 'casual and comfortable ' outfit. I soon decide on a pair of black leggings, a white cropped t-shirt and my white sneakers. I quickly get dressed and start to apply some light makeup when Caleb steps out of the bathroom. A loose towel hangs dangerously low on his hips and his hair is damp, allowing small droplets of water to drip down his muscular abdomen.

"See something you like?" he asks smirking at me.

I feel my cheeks heat as I tear my eyes from his body. I try to ignore the fact that he had caught me staring and I turn back to my small mirror to finish my makeup.

When I'm finished, I turn to see Caleb dressed in a white button down shirt and jeans. His white shirt showed off his muscles perfectly.

"You done?" Caleb asks glancing at me.

I nod and I walk over to him, not being able to resist giving him a kiss on his defined jaw line. "You look handsome" I say with a smile.

"Well it's not like I have a choice. I have to look good if I'm going out with a girl as beautiful as you are" he states with a small smile.

"Wow, I didn't realize that you were so cheesy" I laugh.

"Only for you"

"You did not just say that!" I say, laughing some more at his cheesiness. "We need to work on this"

"I don't think it's bad, I'm just telling you how I feel" he says smiling down at me. "And if it comes off cheesy, I'm sorry but I'll never stop telling you how I feel about you" he whispers, leaning down to kiss my cheek, making me blush. "Do you want to go?" He asked.

"Yeah sure. I'm curious to find out where you are taking me." I say and he reaches for my hand, lacing our fingers together and leading me out of our bedroom.

" you'll just have to wait and see." He says and he leads me down the long staircase with swirling designs and out through the front door.

It had been raining for the past few hours, making the ground muddy and I start to second guess wearing white shoes. Caleb notices my hesitation and offers for me to jump onto his back, which I happily accept.

As Caleb strolls through the forest, I decide to ask him about Kyle. He is Caleb's older brother but isn't the alpha and I was curious to find out why.

"Caleb?" I ask breaking our comfortable silence.

"Yeah?" He replies, tightening his grip around my thighs.

"I want to ask you something.... about Kyle." I say cautiously, knowing how he feels about his brother around me. I'm proven correct when his shoulders tense and a low growl erupts from is chest.

"What about him?" I can hear the strain in his voice.

"Don't take this the wrong way" I pause not knowing how to ask such a question without offending him. " Kyle is your older brother, but you're alpha. Why? Isn't the eldest usually alpha?"