{Prologue}

Konnichiwa! My name is Mizore Shirayuuki! I'm 24 years old and competitive figure skater. I come from Japan, and one of the best too. Although only in women's single.

==========

I clap as I watch Victor and Chris glide across the ice with their medals. As people start to cheer louder; I sigh, and turn to leave.

'I need to find Yuuri...' I think to myself as I walk down the halls. "Yuuri! Don't look at the news! Let's go back!" I hear his coach, Celestino, exclaim.

Finding them, I quickly make my way over, catching Yuuri say, "Katsuki fell to last place. Is this season his last?"

"Yuuri..."

"Yuuri! You shouldn't be looking at the news!" I exclaim and grab his phone out of his hands.

"Mizore!" He yelps and flinches. I chuckle and give him a soft smile. Yuuri sighs and stands up, "Can I at least call okaa-san?"

(mom?)

I give it a thought before linking my arm through his, "Come on, I'll give it until we're there."

We've grown so close, that I can usually tell how Yuuri is feeling. I mean, we're practically closer than siblings!

And plus, who wouldn't be feeling down in this type of situation. 

Yuuri nods as his gaze falls down to the ground; his glasses developing a reflection that covers his eyes.

Once we get to the restroom, I hand him his phone and proceed to lean on the wall across from the door.

Just as Yuuri enters, a blonde guy with his jacket hood covering his face steps into the hallway and leans on the wall beside me.

I shoot him a curious glance before fishing my phone out of my pocket. "Aren't you Mizore Shirayuki?" He asks, his voice slightly gruff.

My head shoots up and I turn towards the blond. My eyes widen as I realize his question was directed to me.

"Yes, I am." I answer lightly, my curious eyes getting a good look at his face. 'Oh... isn't he... the young Russian...?' "Hm..." He pushes himself off the wall, heading towards the men's bathroom.

I frown while thinking, 'Plisetsky... Yuri Plisetsky wasn't it?' My eyes slide back over to the door before making myself move over to stand right by it.

Soon enough, I'm able to hear some yelling before the door swings open; causing me to jump. The previous blond storms out and immediately heads off without a word.

I stare at where he disappeared before quickly taking a look around and slipping inside the bathroom.

Yuuri stands in front of the stalls, staring in front of him with a blank look. That's probably where the other Yuri had him.

"Yuuri...?" I ask softly; starting to see tears forming in his eyes. "Gomenasai. I messed everything up." He says.

(Sorry.)

He doesn't glance over as I step closer. Just blankly staring at the mirrors. "Yuuri..." I say lightly before wrapping my arms around him, bringing his head to my chest.

Small sobs escape him and I quickly hug him tighter. "It's not your fault. You did amazing." I speak to him softly

Yuuri shakes his head begins to shake a little more, "I did awful!" He sobs before burying his head.

"Yuuri... it doesn't matter what place you got. You did such a good job, we're all so proud of you."

"G - gomen, gomen...!" He mumbles. I sigh with a sad smile and tighten my grip. "Sore wa daijōbudesu." I say as I run my hand through his hair.

(Sorry, sorry.) (It's alright.)

I've always hated seeing Yuuri cry after competitions, especially if he got ranked low and wasn't feeling too good about it.

================================================================================

I quietly trail behind Celestino and Yuuri, watching the people around us as we headed towards the exit.

"Katsuki-kun!"

We all turn at the sudden call meant for Yuuri to find Morooka, the newscaster, walking over at a fast pace.

"Newscaster Morooka." Yuuri says, his head tilting to the side. "Don't give up! It's too early for you to retire!" He exclaims.

"It's not like I've made a decision. Please don't make assumptions." Yuuri answers, his gaze trailing off already.

As Morooka starts asking more questions, I notice Yuuri look out the window with a sad look. I follow his gaze to find a puppy in someone's arms. 'Just like Vicchan...'

"And Mizore! I've heard you're going to take a break from skating. Is it true?"

I quickly look back at the man and speak with a smile, "Sad to say so." I answer before my eyes suddenly follow a familiar silver haired man.

"Yuri! About your free performance, the step sequence could use more---"

"I won, so who cares."

I find myself staring at Victor Nikiforov as he continues to lecture the younger blond beside him.

Ever since Yuuri was little, he adored Victor. After a while, I found myself starting to look up to him. His passion he put into skating and how beautiful he looked while doing so.

I've had the great opportunities to properly speak to him, but never mustered up the courage to do so. That, plus knowing that the great skater didn't really know who I was.

Coincidentally, Victor chooses now to glance back at as his coach proceeds to start lecturing Yuri as well. Beside me, Yuuri stifles a small gasp.

I quickly avert my gaze, already feeling my face heat up as I realise that he probably caught me staring. "A commemorative photo?" Victor asks. I glance over to Yuuri who's expression shows shock.

The Japanese male - to my surprise - doesn't say a word but turns and starts to walk away. My gaze follows Yuuri's back in surprise before looking back at the silver haired Russian.

"Y - Yuuri!" I call out after looking back towards him. But he doesn't turn around. I sigh with a little frustration and run after him. "Mizore!" I hear Morooka exclaim after him.

I easily ignore his attempt to keep me there and catch up, while exclaiming again, "Yuuri!"

I sigh at his wordless answer and begin walking beside the raven haired. I take a glance behind again to find Victor watching the two of us.

I can barely catch my heart skipping a beat before my face heats up. I shake my head, looking back forward. Yuuri softly elbows me, causing me look over and shake my head again. Dismissing any thoughts.

Maybe the cold is getting to me...

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Alright! Hello everyone! I hope you like the prologue!
Before I see all the comments in future chapters, I'm not an expert or really familiar with ice skating. But I tried my best to get things as right as I could. I'm also currently fixing any mistakes that I previously committed! Finally getting that all fixed up! 

- Emma

Edited :: May 30, 2018