{Chapter 24}

"Shirayuki!" A loud, thick - accented voice calls to me. I stop and turn around, suddenly being tackled in a hug.

"Ruby!" I exclaim in shock as I stumble back a bit. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!" She answers with a large grin.

The red head pulls back and I notice a familiar pinkette. "Lucy!" I exclaim happily.

"Mizore!" She yells and jumps in for a hug as well. "I didn't know you two were here!" I say.

These two are two of the competitive skaters that i'm friends with.

Ruby Clark, from Australia and Lucy Jackson, from the US.

"Yep! I tried texting you a couple times but you never answered." Lucy says with a small frown.

I widen my eyes and gasp, "Gomen! I've kept my phone away from me since i've gotten so many notifications."

(Sorry!)

"Because of..."

"Victor Nikiforov!" Ruby yells, making the two of us jump.

"Oh, Victor. Nice to see you again." The pinkette says casually to the silver haired man.

"Oh! Victor! Sorry!" I exclaim as I see notice his semi - annoyed look. Surprisingly, I had forgotten about him.

Suddenly, Ruby grabs my shoulders and starts to shake me, "It was true?!"

I stare at her blankly as she continues to shake me around. "He's your coach?"

I nod, "Yeah?" The redhead stops shaking me and slowly falls onto the ground.

I glance over my shoulder again and notice Victor's impatient gaze. "I'll see you guys later, okay?" I say.

"Good luck!" Lucy calls after me as I head towards the tall Russian. "Good luck to you too!" I answer back.

As I get back to Victor, he places his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer.

"Oh!" I gasp softly. I bury my face in my jacket's collar as I start blushing. Victor smiles and waves back at Lucy and Ruby before looking at me.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting." I say. "It's alright. You haven't seen them in a while." He answers back.

"Don't lie." I say with a pout, looking up at him. Victor chuckles, "I did get a little impatient."

I grin, "Thought so."

"How could you tell?"

"Your eyes."

==================

"All skaters please leave the ice." The voice on the intercom says. I skate towards the exit and step off.

"Here." Victor says and hands me my guards. I quickly get them on and let out a breath.

I look back over to the ice to see Ruby by her coach drinking some water.

"Oh, Ruby's first." I comment as I stand next to Victor. "And you?" He asks.

"Shouldn't a coach know when their skater is going?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

The Russian laughs, making some people turn their heads to look at him.

"I'm going fourth." I answer, watch Ruby skate around before getting into position.

=============

Before I know it, it's my turn.

Ruby's currently in first.

Ciara Kelly, from Ireland, in second.

Bora Kim, from South Korea, in third.