{Chapter 6}

I never quite expected this to really happen. Nor could I imagine myself being one to first lean in.

After a second, I feel Victor's arms wrap around me, pulling me closer. The kiss is sweet but passionate, feeling long awaited.

As I pull away, I realize I'm opening my eyes, "Victor I-" He slowly gets into a sitting position, keeping me in his lap. "It's okay," The Russian says softly, nestling his head in my neck.

I let out a sigh of relief and place my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

For a surprise to a few, that was my first kiss.

==========================

As Victor and I get to the Ice Castle, I notice a large group of people crowded inside. "What...?" I mumble in confusion and quickly glance up to Victor.

He gives an apologetic smile to me before his expression turns confident..

There's a collective scream that travels across the crowd as we enter the Ice Castle.

"Oh my God! He's super hot!"

"C - can I take a photo with you?"

"He's really good-looking."

"Please let us interview you!"

I start frantically looking around as more people crowd around us. My heart starts rapidly breathing as my breathing shortens.

"U-uh, Victor...?" I say quietly, trying to grab his attention. The only response I get is more people crowding around us.

My vision starts to blur causing me to panic a bit and try tugging on Victor's sweatshirt to get his attention. He doesn't quite feel the tugging, causing me to have to yell out, "Victor!"

The tall silver haired male finally glances back, quickly catching my panicked gaze. He looks around as he pulls me closer by my waist, mouthing a quick reassurance.

"Victor!"

"Is that Shirayuuki?!"

"Mizore! Mizore!"

"I want a picture!"

"Can we have another interview with the two of you?"

More tears blur vision as Victor forces his way past the large crowd with me right beside him. "Excuse me! Please make some space!" Victor calls out. The crowd slightly parts for a moment at his request, giving us enough time to get out.

The tall Russian quickly ushers me into the locker room, finally getting us away from the overwhelmingness. Yuuko immediately rushes in a second after we get in with a concerned look.

"Mizore? Are you okay?" She exclaims, her concern laced in her voice. I've gotten my breathing controlled enough but my heart is still racing wildly, "S-sorry." I manage to say.

Yuuko steps over and embraces me in a tight hug, causing me to stare at the lockers that are against the wall.

"Is she alright?" Victor asks, his voice almost too faded into the background for me to hear. I can feel Yuuko give a nod in response.

"She had a couple bad anxiety attacks when she was in competitive skating. It was mainly caused by the press and crowds. Sometimes there were times she couldn't skate... which is more recent."

It is all true... Barely anyone really has noticed or known since I've never come out in public with it.

Of course, it was more prominent when I was at the start of my career. There were definitely some competitions I really couldn't muster up the courage to skate well or at all.

As well I was bad with the press; I just couldn't handle all the attention on myself.

Thankfully my last coach helped me out with overcoming it. But once I took my hiatus and tried getting back into competitive skating, I found myself failing a lot because of those "past" problems.

Ever since I went off the radar, no one has come to bother me much, so maybe I just lost the need to be prepared for things like this.

"I-I'm fine..." I finally speak, stepping back from Yuuko. I shyly glance between the pair before heading over to a bench, setting my bag down and taking my skates out.

I can already feel Victor and Yuuko's worried gaze on me as I start lacing one up, "I'm fine...!" I repeat quietly. From the corner of my eyes, I notice Yuuko nod before walking out.

As I finish lacing up my other skate, I stand and up and look over at Victor to find him still staring at me.

"Mi-" He begins to speak but I quickly hold up my hand, "D-don't say it... I've hand enough sorrys from people that don't... I just want to get over whatever this is."

With that, I walk out, heading to the rink. After taking my guards off, I slid onto the ice. As I'm skating around, regret floods into my mind. I get out a frustrated sigh.

I hate how I sometimes just blow up like that. It doesn't happen ever but... I possibly hurt Victor and Yuuko in someway...

I'm so lost in my thoughts, I don't hear Victor step onto the ice and sakte over. "I wasn't going to say that..." He says.

I look up at his sudden appearance and frown a little, "I'm sorry." I answer, looking up at the Russian with regret.

For once, I don't see the same expression everyone else wears. "I-i'm sorry...! I just haven't been like this in ages. I... How can I skate in competitions if I've become like this?" I exclaim with worry.

He gives me a soft smile, "And that's why I'm here Mizore. I'm your coach now. I'll help you with whatever it takes."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Helloooo~! I hope everyone had a good day, if not! I hope it'll get better!
Sorry for any mistakes! I tried my best to fix everything up. Also thank you so much for reading so far! I really hope you are and will enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Voting, commenting and sharing is greatly appreciated~
Hope you have a wonderful day/night~!
-Emma

Edited :: September 13, 2018