{Chapter 18}

Finally! The Chugoku, Shikoku, and Kyushu Figure Skating Championship is here.

Just as I thought, i'm the oldest. There's three other girls but I have yet to know their names.

As I notice Yuuri going up, I smile. 'Let's hope I get a good spot!' I exclaim to myself.

"Skater Katsuki Yuuri, you're up first."

Yuuri covers his face in shame and slowly walks back to his seat.

After they go up, our group is next. "Shirayuki Mizore."

I quickly stand up and rush to the bag. Having excitement course through me, I plunge my hand in and grab a card.

"You're up fourth." She says. I groan in frustration and go back to my seat in sorrow.

=======

"Why did you change clothes again?" I complain as I walk behind Victor. "It's my glorious debut as a coach."

I sigh and shake my head. As we get in, a bunch of girls start screaming. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Why did you change clothes?" Yuuri asks. "Today is my glorious debut as a coach, so I should be in formal dress." Victor answers pridefully.

"You're exactly right..." Yuuri says, cover his face in disappointment. I push past a few girls and get over to Minako.

"The Russian coach stands out more than the skaters." She says.

-----------------------

"As your coach, what should I say before sending you off to the program?" Victor says excitingly.

Yuuri ignores him and gets onto the ice for warm - up. Victor frowns a little bit and follows him with his gaze.

"He's just nervous." I say and lean against the barrier. As Yuuri comes back to drink some water, Victor frowns.

"Hey, Yuuri. Turn around." I say. Yuuri sends me a confused look and I frown, "Turn. Around."

"Alright! Alright!" Yuuri turns around. I get behind Victor a little and push him.

"Ah!" The Russian gasps and lurches forward, wrapping his arms around Yuuri in shock.

A couple camera flash and I hear Victor whisper something in Yuuri's ear.

The Russian leans back and Yuuri takes off. "All you needed was a little guidance." I say and lean on his shoulder.

All of a sudden, i'm fall to the side and crash into Viktor's chest. He quickly wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"V - Victor..." I mumble as I hear cameras click. "I don't care." He whispers.

"Hm... Good luck!" I yell as Yuuri gets into position. The claps die down and the music starts.

I smile as he turns his head to us and gives a smile before the music gets louder.

I gasp as Yuuri attempts the quadruple salchow. He over rotates and places his hand on the ice to keep him from falling.

"He has the combination last." Victor mutters, probably not even meaning to say that out loud.

"Yuuri's done great." I say to Victor, making his look down at me in surprise.

As the crowd starts cheering, Yuuri starts his combination. "Crap, it changed into a double." I say as he goes into a spin.

As he finishes, everyone starts cheer loudly. I smile and look at Victor. And of course, it's not enough.

As Yuuri gets over Victor starts talking about his performance.