{Chapter 16}

"Apparently Yurio-kun's coach brought in his ex-wife. Now he's getting scolded by her day and night." Yuuko says to Yuuri and I. "Huh...I see." Yuuri answers as he clears his skate's blade. 

"Anyways, have you chosen the music for your free program, Yuuri-kun?" The brunette then asks. I chuckle slightly as the male slowly answers, "Oh... Well I had Victor listen to one..." 

I shake my head, "It didn't go very well..." Yuuko gives a sorry smile to Yuuri, "Oh? What happened...?"

To put it shortly, Yuuri showed a song to Victor who reacted with a mediocre expression. "Oh, I see. So this is how it sounds... You should think of other possibilities." Victor had said to the male skater.

Yuuri had a very disappointed expression as he sadly took his phone back and walked off to put it away before getting back onto the ice.

To add to that occurrence, I was able to land my first quadruple flip! But that's not too helpful in Yuuri's situation. 

"Didn't a friend of yours make it?" I ask the Japanese male as I lean my elbows on the barrier. Yuuri nods as he's putting away his skates. Once he starts packign his bag he says, "Well I'll be going... See you later one - Mizore!" 

I quickly aw at his slight mess up, "Yuuri...! Call me onee-san more~!" I call after him as he walks off. I get a glance of his flustered face before he disappears behind the doors.

Yuuko chuckles at our interaction before saying, "I should be going too... Could you lock up for me?" I quickly nod as I watch her get her own bag. "Of course!" I exclaim, giving her a smile.

The brunette grins back, "See you tomorrow, Mi-chan." She exclaims and pushes the triples out of the door. I laugh to myself before pushing myself off the barrier and skating in big circles.

"I wonder how far I'll be able to go..." I mumble to myself as I turn my body around so I'm skating backwards. "I'm sure it won't go too bad this year... Especially with Victor..." I continue before quieting down.

My face flares a pale pink after mentioning the silver haired Russian. "I really do hope everything goes well..." I whisper, slowing myself down and staring up at the ceiling.

==============================

"Oh, of course! It has to be raining the one day I'm later than usual..." I mutter as I burst through the doors of Ice Castle. "You're later than usual!" Yuuko exclaims from under the counter.

I let out a sigh as I flip my jacket's hoodie down, "I know...!" I quickly shake the little rain out of my hair. "It started to rain just as I left the hot springs...! Can you believe that!" I say.

"R-really?" Yuuko asks as she giggles. "Hey, don't laugh at my luck...!" I exclaim and head over to the benches in the connecting room. "Well I hope you didn't fix your hair today." The brunette says as she pops out from under the counter with a smile.

"At least I didn't do that today." I reply, relief quite clear in my voice. We fall into silence as I start getting my skates on. As I finish the first one, Yuuri comes through the doors with rain sliding down his jacket.

"Ne, Yuuri!" I exclaim, finishing lacing my other skate up. Yuuri smiles at me brightly as he takes his headphones out. "You still beat me here." He says as he takes a seat next to me.

I chuckle, "I'm not ready to handle the shock of you being earlier than me yet." The male laughs before getting his skates on.

"Nani? You still haven't chosen the music?" Victor asks Yuuri in disbelief, "Why can't you trust your own decisions?" 

It's later in the day. Yuuri and I have been practicing certain moves and jump, obviously directed by Victor. As I skate over next to Yuuri - who's catching his breath - Victor continues speaking, "Just try to remember something, like when a girlfriend loved you."

"Huh?" Yuuri exclaims in slight frustration, looking up to the Russian coach. My eyes widen in slight surprise at the outburst. The Japanese male quickly reels back, his expression shocked.

"S-s-sorry! Right now, it's just that I-" He says quickly, waving his arms around. "Oh, right... You've never had a girlfriend..." Victor mumbles.

Another half an hour later, we all decide it's best to stop for today. "Why don't we go somewhere today!" The taller male exclaims. Yuuri - who's already heading for the door - quickly answers, "No, it's okay."

Victor looks back to me in confusion at the raven haired's answer. I frown and shrug in response before standing up with my bag over my shoulder.

When we arrive back home, Victor quickly intervenes Yuuri's path, "Yuuri! Let's take a bath!" Yuuri shakes his head slightly, "I'm going to sleep."

The Russian trails after him a couple steps, "Then let's sleep together!" He calls out but gets denied as Yuuri's door shuts.

I sigh and walk up to Yuuri's door, passing the Russian. "Yuuri?" I call out hesitantly. "Hai?" He answers. "Are you feeling alright?"

(Yes?) 

"I'm fine." Yuuri quickly answers. "A-are you sure?" I ask, slightly surprised at his calm and quick response. "Hai, hai. Oyasumi!" He calls back.

(Yes, yes. Goodnight!)

I sigh and turn to Victor, noticing him by his room's door. I head to my room, but pause before going in and glancing out to the Russian. "G-goodnight, Victor." 

He nods glumly and takes a step in. "Ne, Victor... Why don't you talk to him tomorrow?" The silver haired male lifts his head, "Good idea! Good night!" He exclaims all in a sudden. I chuckle and close my door.

(Hey,)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! (Somehow made it long whoops...?) 
Voting, commenting, and sharing is amazing and I greatly appreciate it!!

I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

-Emma

Edited :: October 25, 2018.