{Chapter 1}

One Year Later...

Ever since my last Grand Prix, I've been staying on the low down from the media and any skating competitions. Since I sprained my ankle/foot and had to have time to recover.

I'm still practicing every day at the ice rink in Hasetsu; and I'm also taking ballet lessons from Minako to keep in shape and continue to sharpen my skills.

Today in particular, I decided to spend the day skating. And as a great friend, Yuuko is letting me stay and skate after hours at the ice rink.

"Alright everyone! It's closing time now!" Yuuko calls out to the few people still around. After hearing her, everyone starts to slowly leave.

"Yuuko! Do you need any help closing up?" I ask as glide to the barrier where she's standing. "It's alright! I have everything handled!" She grins as a thanks, "You just keep on skating."

I give her a large smile, "Arigatou, Yuuko! Make sure to call me if you need any help though...!" The slightly older female nods before flashing another smile and then leaving for the front.

(Thank you,)

I watch her as she disappears from my sight before placing my earphones back in and head back further into the ice rink.

I skate around aimlessly, listening to the random song currently playing. I let out a sigh as I start skating in a small circle and start thinking.

There's been so many opportunities for me to get back into competitive skating, yet I haven't taken any. Without really realising, I've avoided way too many doors that have been wide open for me.

As much as I think that I haven't been doing much, I have worked on a performance that I could use in the - hopefully - near future.

As the song stops, I quickly grab my phone and pause the music before anything else starts. To be more productive, I search for the song I plan to use with the performance to use for practice.

((media))

I quickly get into place as it starts. I stretch out my arms and place my foot back. As the music starts, I skate back and bring my arms up to my side.

Then, I skate forwards changing direction with the changed beat in the music. My first jump is a triple axel, but for today, I settle on just doing a single axel.

After the jump I skate back before spinning around.

One sip, bad for me, one hit, bad for me, one kiss, bad for me.

I start my step sequence with the chorus. I start it off by tilting my head back before spinning and then kicking my foot up.

I then "push" myself to the side before spinning once again and raising my arms and linking them together as I spin.

Lastly, I wraps my arms around myself and start to walk back to where my starting point was.

As the music slows, I stop and look around; almost imagining the crowd. I let my arms fall and wait for the beat to drop.

But I'm weak.

I rush forward quickly, and get ready to do a quadruple loop; during so, bringing my hands to my chest. I land with a small balance problem, causing me to grimace at the mistake; but outstretch my arms.

I skate backwards and wait for the words to come back again. I hope before getting into a combination spin.

I stand back up, getting out of the combination spin and skate back in a "squiggly" line; moving constantly move my arms in the tempo.