Chapter 6: It's inevitable

A/N : Thanks to everyone whose reviewed my story so far. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I just hope you continue to enjoy the story!

IMPORTANT: This story was written in 2001! There was nothing said yet about Snape's love for Lilly. Harry didn't skip his last year and so on.. Just keep that in mind while reading! It would make much more sense ;)

As always... usual disclaimer! Own nothing... having nothing!

_______________________________

Meg had to wait till after tea before she could confront Snape; it had given her most of the day to work herself right up. It hadn't even occurred to her that not once had she given thought to Dean as she's seethed over Snape.

She'd told Neville that she wouldn't be able to make it tonight; but he has asked to go to the kitchens and try by himself anyway. Meg had been pleasantly surprised to think he enjoyed cookery that much, so she'd agreed readily.

Now, it was with quick sharp footsteps that she made her way down to where she knew he was in his rooms.

She banged on his door and waited, impatiently, her foot tapping on the stone floor, her arms folded.

His door opened and he sneered when he saw her there.

"What?" He sounded very bored, refusing to step away from his door.

"You can start by apologising," she hissed, furious now the object of her anger was standing in front of her.

"I beg your pardon?"

"For that business about running down to clear up my messes." She was practically spitting fire at him she was so mad.

"Come in before you self-combust," he drawled and stood to one side to let her in.

She stepped inside and before he could even move away from the door she turned on him.

"I don't ask for you to keep running down, you seem to like sticking your nose where it's not wanted. If that bothers you, try and keep it out for once!" She put her hands on her hips and let fly at him. "And for your information, they are not messes, invariably it involves some reprobate from your house; but as for your involvement, it is neither asked for nor required!"

"Are you finished yet?" he drawled coldly, standing directly in front of her, his sneer didn't impress her now.

"No! I'm not! So please don't interrupt," she said hotly. "If Malfoy, sorry, when Malfoy comes crawling to you whinging about how unfair I've been, I'd be grateful if you kept your nose out of it and told him to get on with it. You say Neville should learn to stand up for himself, but you don't seem to mind sticking up for Malfoy." She drew a deep breath finally coming to an end.

"Now, have you finished?" he asked her coldly.

"Yes!"

"Good." He turned, opened his door and gripping her arm all but threw her out.

"Good night then, Professor Kincaid," he snapped and shut the door in her face.

Meg found herself staring at his door, a shocked look on her face.

"Well, of all the..." she almost stamped her feet, she was so mad with him.

She banged on his door and waited. But he didn't answer her. So she banged again.

The door flew open and he stood there glaring at her.

"Are you going to stand banging on my door all night?" he grated out, cold fury on his face.