Chapter 28: An early April fools? Please?

Usual Disclaimer: Wish I did own it, but I don't. sighs

Hope you enjoy!

_____________

I don't want the world to see me

Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything is made to be broken;

I just want you to know who I am

Iris

Goo Goo Dolls

Meg was sitting marking a stack of scrolls. Well, she was supposed to be marking, but in reality she was staring into space, her quill posed over the essay. She was thinking over the events of yesterday; when she had met Odile, Severus' sister.

She had known a little about his past, had known he had a sister and she'd heard him mention Senga after letters from her; but she'd had no idea that his brother in law was a Malfoy. Now she'd had to meet Odile, she realised it would have nicer to have more than ten minutes to get used to the idea of the Snapes and the Malfoy being related. And, of course, some time to get used to the idea that by means of her tie to Severus she was now allied with the Malfoy's as well. She had made it clear to Severus that she had married him not his sister; but in the wizarding society, marriage ties were as good as blood ties. By the mere fact she was now the sister in law of Odile Malfoy she had a connection to the Malfoy's. The tie would run deep, and as long as she bore the name Snape, the connection would be there.

"They won't mark themselves. Although I must admit it would be much easier if they did," a slow deep voice made her jump and the quill splattered over the scroll, making her curse.

A wand flick from behind her and it was cleaned up.

"Severus! Can't you see I'm working, why must you always creep up on me?" she slammed her quill down, a flash of irritation running through her making her voice sharp and high.

"I do not creep," he said miffed. "This arrived this morning. I want you to go to Madam Malkin's and get something appropriate." He threw a gold embossed card onto the scrolls and turning walked into the bedroom, letting the door bang shut behind him.

Meg slumped, her head going into her hands. Sometimes she wished she could cut her tongue out; these days she always seemed to say things she really regretted after.

Her eyes went to the card and all thoughts of her tongue went straight out of her head as alarm and a certain amount of fear went through her.

"No way!" she cried out, jumping to her feet and picking up the card she went through to the bedroom where Snape had just gone.

"Oh no," she cried as she entered the room.

He looked up from where he was reading "Potions Monthly".

"I am not going there, no way!"

He raised one eyebrow and went back to reading the paper; which annoyed her no end.

"Severus!" She went across to him and dropped the card right on top of the article he was reading. "You aren't seriously expecting us to go are you?"

"Odile and Lucifer are staying with Lucius for the next couple of weeks. It is only reasonable that we would eventually get an invitation to dinner there," he replied coolly.

"We haven't up till now," she pointed out sharply.

"We have actually, but until now I have been able to extricate ourselves without being too obvious."