Chapter 37: Inconvenient

Usual disclaimer and many, many thanks to Camille for all her hard work beta-ing this for me!

____________________

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror

I can't take the person starin' back at me

I'm a hazard to myself

Don't let me get me

I'm my own worst enemy

Its bad when you annoy yourself

So irritating

Don't wanna be my friend no more

I wanna be somebody else

Pink

Don't let me get me

"Well, I think it's all rather odd," came the slightly higher pitched than normal voice of Pandora Olsen.

"Jennifer Jarvis was perfectly all right at tea time!" Alice Craine pointed out just as loudly.

"Exactly; and she didn't have anything different from us."

"Besides," Candice flipped her hair back over her shoulder and pointedly glared at the chair that Senga was curled into. "My brother told me that the food has a charm cast over it to protect from food poisoning."

Senga's lips formed into a hard straight line, but the rest of her face was expressionless.

"It seems to me that perhaps someone deliberately made Jenny sick."

"Why would anyone do that?" Hannah said quietly, her pale brown eyes flitted quickly between where Senga and Pandora.

"Why do you think, Hannah?" asked Pandora sharply. She turned to face the slightly overweight child and put her hands on her hips. "Honestly," she sighed as if she were wasting her time just looking at the girl.

"I don't think...." Hannah sat forward, going red at Pandora's attitude toward her. "I don't think anyone would do that."

"Well, everyone knows Jenny was in the team to play with Harry Potter. All it would need is for someone desperate enough to play...." She trailed off, letting the implication sink in.

Senga shot off her chair and faced Pandora with a cold sneer on her face.

"Just what are you saying?" she hissed, her voice icy cold.

"Well, Morgana," Pandora narrowed her eyes at her. "What do you think I'm saying?"

"Nothing that makes any sense, as usual," Senga replied quietly and laughed nastily at her.

"Look Malfoy, if the cap fits, wear it!"

"Oh, give me a break," Senga laughed and stepped closer to her. "If Jenny ate something bad, it was not of my doing." She grinned maliciously and stepped even closer to Pandora. "Oh no, if I were going to do something like that, I'd do it properly; a rash of highly infectious boils maybe, or something equally infectious that would spread through this hell hole faster than lice! You'd look real pretty with a giant boil stuck on your nose. But then again, your whole face resembles a boil so another boil wouldn't look out of place at all."

"Bitch!"

"I've never claimed otherwise." Senga stepped back from Pandora and waved her hand in front of her nose. "You really ought to consider using the showers a bit more frequently. There's a truly nasty smell in here and it's coming from you!" She strode across to the door and slammed her way out.