Chapter 13 Devil's Snare

Jasmine's furious scribbling can be heard on the four corners of her room, she needed to go to her uni and make sure all of her subjects fall in the Strand Campus. She can't afford one of her subject course for the next semester be situated either in the Waterloo campus, Guy's campus or Denmark Hills campus that would caused her too much trouble and, of course money.

Actually, she can check her needed information online but she still prefers personal appearance and it's been a while since she went to her beloved uni, it would be a great opportunity to do so. Finishing the note, she had practically stuff all of the necessary things she needed in her knapsack. Passing through the kitchen she picks up a smiley refrigerator magnet and posts her note addressed to Alan. Careful not to wake anyone she quietly went outside and picks up her parked bicycle nearby, cycling her way to KCL Strand Campus.

It was way too early when she arrived and a few people were jogging in the campus and the only 24-hour available place open was Lux and as much as she wanted to avoid the place she couldn't ignore the tenacious rumbling of her stomach.

AT LUX...

Students under the faculty of arts and humanities were given a 50% discount in the well-known resto bar that is because Lucifer Morningstar and Chloe Decker were former classmates and as much as it annoyed their Dean the two of them had some sort of camaraderie establish. Jasmine made her way to her favorite spot of the resto bar, the far-end corner. She ordered a half-size footlong all-meat sandwich and a cup of hot chocolate. She rubs her hands and unceremoniously stuff the sandwich to her mouth not bothering the incredulous stares of other customers in her way of eating, wiping her mouth every now and then with the sleeves of her sweater she finally took a sip of her hot choco, sighing heavenly as her stomach stops growling.

"Look at how manky her manner of eating is."

"Such a naff girl."

"Urgh I am losing my appetite all of a sudden."

She could hear their murmurs loud and clear and she couldn't help but feel embarrassed. Jasmine slightly bowed down. She never paid attention with her way of eating and Alan never reprimanded her with the way she attacks the food like an animal but when she observed how the women in the bar eat their food she could see how unladylike she must have been. With the table napkin provided, Jasmine ate the remaining sandwich with as much grace she could muster. A toast with freshly cooked bacon and egg landed in front of her.

"I'm sorry but I did not order that." She said.

"Compliments from the cook."

She glanced at the waitress' nameplate. Mazikeen.

"Are you giving free breakfast today, Mazikeen?"

The lady cringed. "Please not the full name. Maze is fine. And to answer your question that was Alex's treat for you." She answered referring to the cook who in turn wave at Jasmine's direction.

Jasmine thanked Maze and she happily ate cook's free breakfast meal this time in a more graceful way which proved to be quite challenging due to her utensils falling down one-by-one, in her dismay and annoyance she choose to eat it with her bare hands, licking her fingers clean. Grinning at the direction of the gossip girls.

"Well played. Well played indeed little mouse."

She took a deep breath. The least she could do was to make a scene and blatantly insult this business magnet. She visibly relaxed then faces him head-on giving him a fake smile. "Good morning to you too, Mr. Morningstar."

Lucifer was surprised to realize he had grinned in response. Shaking his head he took the sit opposite of her. "Does this feel like a de ja vu to you?"