Chapter 37 Dreamscape

Alan Rickman found himself caressing Jasmine's cheeks, as he fondly watches the steady rise and fall of her chest, indicating the latter's deep slumber. He smiled at the same time she smiled while murmuring words even he could not understand wondering to himself what is she dreaming about.

They said that you dream subconsciously what you desire. Dreams do not have limitations while the dreamers can be whoever they want to be and in Jasmine's case she is currently in the world of Victorian era where fine gentlemen, nobility, petticoats, corsets and horse carriages exists.

The starting point from here on out is that... Jasmine is a self-made [lawful hehehe] pirate who discovered an ancient relic that holds secrets she can never imagine. Prophecies coming true and legends were becoming real.

Conflict begins when her Aunt Josephine and best friend Emily Smith blackmailed her into staying in London just in time for the spring selection, an event of perfect opportunity to any eligible bachelorette to marry into nobility, Jasmine is a free-spirited young woman who always loved adventures and mayhem. Sailing in the open sea and meeting new acquaintances were her element. She and her three older brothers own a large number of shipping vessels that had become a major trading company in and outside the continent of Europe. Although not of noble blood, her family business had given her a reasonable amount of dowry on her head which leads to numerous marriage proposals in which here brothers vehemently rejects.

Emily and Jasmine were horse riding when Emily mentions the Duke of Almaty's return, Jasmine's neighbor. "and does this Duke have a name?"

Jasmine asked looking away, "a real name?
"
"But of course, Alan." Jasmine nodded. "Alan Rickman." Emily finished.

Jasmine pulled the reins of Salem so hard he reared up.

"Jassy!"

Emily reached over, and grabbed Salem's reins to prevent him from running. She needn't have worried. Jasmine quickly gained control of the horse. And herself.

"Well that's a common name, I suppose."

"Not really." Emily answered.

"How long has he been a duke?"

"He's a natural born nobility bye has spent most of his time travelling the world," Emily explained. "But now his home. Where he belongs. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine." Jasmine breathed slowly, trying to calm the unusual pounding in her chest. "He will live here?"

"Well I don't know exactly since I was asleep when they stumbled in, but I presume he wants to examine the estate and see what needs doing. You will like him. As much as you are able to like any Englishman," Emily offered.

"And last time I saw him, he was very attractive."

"And what of the earl? Are you switching your affections?" Jassy teased.

"No!" Emily blushed. "Mickhail is the most handsome, wonderful man in the world. Just not the most intelligent," she clarified. "Otherwise he would realize I am perfect for him."

"Obviously," Jassy drawled. She smiled and stroked Salem's mane thoughtfully, putting her own concerns aside. "You will have to make him jealous, you know. He must see you differently - as a woman, not a girl." She leaned down to whisper to her horse affectionately "I may not know how much about English society, but I do have three brothers. If you make jealous, he will realize he has feelings for you. Then he will make a fool out of himself pursuing you. It's a tragedy to watch."

"So speaks the voice of wisdom." Emily mocked.

"Trust me, it's much easier to get men to obey you if they think it is their idea to begin with. However, I admit, I am not very good at it. Which is why I pay my crew to do as I say."

"Come to tea this afternoon." Jassy continued. "Aunt Josephine wishes to thank you for the party. She will likely just be getting up by then. After, we meet in the war room and plot your future romance. Come now. I'll race you back. I can't wait to hear how your earl is doing in the morning."