Chapter 34 Here and There

Julia decided to sleep in her Daddy’s room all of a sudden and Alan received her with great hospitality. As of the moment, the father and daughter duo were watching a late night looney tunes rerun episodes. The light coming from the telly illuminated the bedchambers.

“Daddy?” Julia asked.

“Yes.”  Alan responded propping his head on the pillow with his hand, looking intently at his daughter.

“What do you miss about Mommy?”

Alan was stunned thinking Julia’s on the stage where she longs to hear more stories about Rima. Glancing from the telly to Julia, he repeated Julia’s question. “What do I miss about Mommy?”  he said, looking into his child’s eyes heaving a heavy sigh, he answered, “Everything.”

Julia smiled as her cobalt eyes sparkled, urging her father to continue.

“I miss her laugh and her smile. And I miss her little nose that she gave to you. Luckily you didn’t get mine, you’d look very weird.”

Julia responded with giggles.

“Yeah.” Alan grinned and continued, “I miss every time The Wizard of Oz was on.”

“I love that movie.”

“I know. She would sing all the songs to us. Especially 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'. Alan stops and gazed over the dark room then back to his daughter. “You know what I miss most about her?”

“What?”

“Getting to tell her how much I love her.” His eyes were not on Julia but the latter could feel the longing in his voice.

Julia bit her lower lip and gathering all of her courage she asked, “Are you not allowed to do that with anyone else?”

A wistful smile gazed Alan’s lips. “Am I allowed?” he snickered afterwards then sobered up. “When your mother left, your Aunt Emma, that’s all she would talk about, me finding somebody else. But I would tell her I can’t because she’s my one and only. Julia’s eyes glistened from welled up tears, seeing her Daddy sad.

“What did Aunt Emma say?”

“Emma would say… your wife has a big heart, so big that it has room for two.”
Julia finally smiled from ear-to-ear.

“That’s one thing I miss about your mother, she actually thought I was awesome.”

Looking up to her father with love and respect in her eyes, our little missy replied, “I think you’re awesome, Daddy.” They hugged each other as Alan kisses his daughter’s forehead.

“Thank you sweet pea.”

As if on cue a knock suddenly erupted from the opened door. It was Jassy. “Hey there,  uhm… hate to interrupt but it’s way past Julia’s bedtime.” Jasmine sheepishly said, her head’s the only thing visible on the doorway.

Alan wordlessly mouthed ‘I got it covered’ then Jassy made an okay sign, returning to her own bedroom while Alan wondered just how much of a potterhead his employee is [referring to Jasmine’s Slytherin inspired PJs].

It was Monday morning and the entire Rickman Household was in chaotic start. Jasmine for once did not wake up on her alarm and she was getting ready in a flash hoping to catch the train’s hourly trip. Aligning her toiletries in place, she belted Mariah Carey’s ‘Through the Rain’ with no inhibitions at all. Very similar to how she starts her morning routines in her previous apartment. She was singing without care in the world when a sexy chuckle made her stop, her toes curling in the process.