Chapter 15 Forming Bonds

Chapter 15

Forming Bonds

Emma Thompson was having a blast as Alan narrates the 'lumos accident'.

"You're a cruel man, Alan. She's just a child."

"Technically, she isn't a child anymore and I couldn't help but tease her. Boy, she sure resembled a tomato the way she blush, wish you're in there to see her."

Emma chokes on her drink and abruptly grabs a table napkin, "Heavens! Is Jassy on speaking terms with you?"

"Well..." he stopped to think and continued, "It took me a whole week for us to reconcile if that's what you're referring to."

Emma snickered then continued eating her sandwich clubhouse, scolding Alan from time to time of how immature he acts sometimes.

"Emma," Alan said, using a calm, controlled voice. "You knew that I am a prankster at heart." He finished his remark and drank his coffee. Emma slaps his shoulder. Hard. Alan gave a whimper after. "Must you always do that?" He snarled. She pinched his cheeks this time.

"Jassy do not know how lunatic her employer could be sometimes."

"Speak for your--- ow! I still haven't finished my sentence."

"Change topic. I'm afraid the map of London will be embedded on your skin on my excessive pinching, now, when will your teaching career in KCL starts?"

"Tomorrow." He paused. "I'm kind of nervous actually."

Emma grins, if his growing fandom could see his forlorn expression right now she bet they would all race up to be the first to offer him a comforting hug. This adorable, clever man. She encircled her arms around his shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze. "Bollocks! You knew you're better than that."

His lips started curling up in his most devilish grin. "Jassy's uni is in KCL". And then he showed her why he had women falling all over themselves over half of central London. He dropped his smile, and said. "Things are about to be interesting."

Emma averted her eyes away from him, taking refuge on the glass of water at hand; she thought Alan has bi-polar issues too.

"Jassy!" Julia squealed, hugging Jassy's skirts before she'd even made it into the kitchen doorsteps. "I'm glad you're back," she said to Jasmine's skirt.

"I wasn't gone all that long."

"It was long enough," Julia answered with a roll of her big blue eyes.

Jasmine laughed, who also seemed please to see the sweet thing.

"Would you like some tea Jasmine?" Mrs. Woods asked.

"No, thank you. It's actually warm out today."

Julia tugged impatiently on Jasmine's sleeve. "Can we take a walk, then?"

Jassy stooped down to Julia's level. "I'm not sure. I'll have to see what your Daddy wants me to do."

"I think a walk would be fine," Alan interrupted from the stairs. Jassy and Julia smiled at each other and since Daddy Alan is busy preparing for his first day in KCL tomorrow, the two lovely young ladies made their way to Hyde Park cycling, strolling and eating sweets killing time. Finally, when Julia felt tired, they sat down in a bench under a tree. Jassy opened her leather-bound notebook and began contemplating on her dream man category; oddly enough all of the qualities she's looking for sum-up Alan Rickman's physical and inner qualities. She frowned, not wanting to get her hopes up for things she knew will never happen. She began tearing the paper into pieces.