II

Jimin p.o.v.

I watch Yoongi sit down in front of me, looking down at his hands.

"So, why were you wandering around last night?" I ask him, breaking the awkward silence.

"Taehyung told me so," He sighs, still not making eye contact with me.

"Are you taking your medicine?"

He nods, finally looking up at me, faking a smile.

I sit up leaning on my desk, I felt bad for him. He had been in here for a good 10 years now. When my dad passed away last year he made me take over the institution, wanting me to make sure all his patients were going to end up fine. Little did I know it would be, not only physically, but also mentally exhausting. When I first met Yoongi I grew this interest towards him. It might have been because we are about the same age, but he became, what the nurses joked, 'My favourite patient.' He had no relatives to go to, so he had to stay here until someone would volunteer to take care of him.

"Doctor?"

"Please, it's just Jimin for you."

He smiles at me, playing with his thumbs.

"Could you play a song for me, Jimin?" He asks softly.

I reach under my desk, pulling out my phone.

"Which one?"

"Anything."

I brush my finger over the screen to unlock it. Patiently, I search for the music app I had installed. While scrolling through the endless list of songs, I finally pick the perfect one.

"This ain't it - Taeyang," the music player reads.

I watch him close his eyes, enjoying the song, his fingers tapping along to the beat. The rules of the institution were strict. The patients weren't allowed to have anything, I tried to loosen some things up, but the rest of the staff didn't agree. So, when I could, I would treat Yoongi to his favourite thing, music.

"You like it? It's my favourite song at the moment," I smile.

He nods, looking more relaxed than he did when he came in.

"Why do you listen to him, Yoongi?"

"Who?"

"The voice in your head."

"He isn't in my head, Taehyung is real!"

I sigh, it wasn't easy to help someone who didn't admit to his disorder.

"Why are you doing everything Taehyung does?" I ask again, hoping he would answer this time.

"He'll make sure I will never leave," Yoongi whispers softly, as if someone was listening to our conversation.

"Anything else?"

"He'll hurt me."

"Did he already do so?"

I see Yoongi's face fall back down, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"What did he do to you, Yoongi?"

He buries his face in his hands, muffled sobs filling the room. I walk over to him and kneel down next to him, rubbing his leg to calm him down.

"Please tell me, Yoongi."

Yoongi gets up, lifting up his shirt. He was covered in bruises, blue, yellow, purple. Some were almost faded, others fresh. If the nurses would find them, they'd put him in the isolation room. He was slowly going crazy being here all alone.

"I'm allowing you to visit my office whenever you need to, I'll make sure you're safe, and that Taehyung won't hurt you."

He sits back down, letting out a deep sigh.

"I want to leave this place," His voice sounded broken, which made me feel even worse for him.

"If I could, I'd let you leave."

"You're the boss! Let me leave!"

"Yoongi! It doesn't work that way!"

Frustrated I walk back to my seat and open my drawer, pulling out chocolate bar.

"Here," I smile, handing it to Yoongi who was wiping away his tears.

He looks up at me unsure if he should take the offer, but still takes the chocolate bar.

"Thanks, Jimin," He smiles unwrapping it before taking a bite.

I click the space button on my computer, trying to write an email. It was 11pm, and I couldn't leave until I finished answering all of them. Only, my mind wasn't cooperating. I push back my hair and take a deep breath. The only thing that I was focused on was Yoongi. The black haired boy, who was currently in his room at the end of the hallway.

"I'm doing it," I say to myself and grab Yoongi's files from my bag.

I flip through the pages until I find what I was looking for. I take the white sheet of paper and smile to myself.

"I promised Yoongi."