Chapter 8

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter has mentions of sexual assault and abuse. Please read with caution. I love you all, my little babies. Stay safe. x

_______________

"I got to get to work, Harry! You gotta let go!" Eveleigh shrieks as she giggles loudly as the sleepy, curly haired boy holds onto her tightly, refusing to let her out of bed

"Quit your job. I'll take care of ya'. Just stay with meeee! You're too warm and too soft t' let go," he whines and pouts with squinty, tired eyes as he nuzzles his face into her soft tummy that he loved so much.

"H, you're being ridiculous," she laughs lightly, playing with his messy curls that were strewn every where due to his bed head, as he pouts. Ignoring her words, he lifts her sweater up to expose her tummy and starts placing spongy, tired, gentle kisses to her soft skin, worshiping every inch of his baby doll.

"Harryyyy," she sings his name as his head disappears under her shirt. Letting out a dramatic huff, he reluctantly pulls himself away from her and turns so he's not facing her. "Fine. If ya' want t' leave me so badly, do it," he says like a spoiled brat, crossing his arms lightly.

Gently grinning to herself, Eveleigh places her purse on the ground before climbing onto the bed behind him. Scooting up to his body, she makes him the little spoon as she places sweet kisses behind his right ear, giggling as he shivers at her touch.

"Baby, you know I want to spend time with you but I haven't been to work in four days since I had to take care of you yesterday. Mrs. Williams is gonna get mad a-and you know I don't like making people mad... I'll be back before you know it, promise. I'll even pick us up tacos from that place you like," she whispers teasingly, making his eyebrows shoot up and he barely turns his head to look at her sheepishly.

"With extra guac and cheese?" He whispers, his stomach growling hungrily at the thought since he threw up everything he ate the day before. "With extra guac and cheese," she nods, kissing his cute nose that she adored so much making him cutely scrunch it up. "I'll even get us an extra bag of chips and salsa for movie night, okay?" She asks as he nods and smiles.

"I'll be back around six. Kiss?" She asks, pressing her lips to his already puckered, soft ones. "Have a good day," he whispers croakily as she pulls away. "I will. You too," she says before he grabs her face and pulls her in for another kiss. "I will now," he says cheekily as she giggles and stands, grabbing her purse as she watches Cashmere jump onto the bed and snuggle into Harry's side.

The words 'I love you' were both on the tip of their tongues, begging to be said, but both petrified it would scare the other off. So they just settled for a loving look in their eyes as she walked out the door.

Harry sighs, holding the fuzzy kitten, that fit in his palm, up.