Chapter 61

Warning: Graphic content.

Don't be a silent reader!

"She wasn't always heartless

"She wasn't always heartless. She wasn't always cold, cruel, and calculating. At one point in time, she was the most warm-hearted, caring, loving people you could meet. She was always open to new people, very kind and welcoming, but all that's changed when she was broken. She got hurt, and was shattered beyond the point of repair. To save herself, she killed her mind. She killed all the qualities people loved about her because she thought they were weaknesses. She became unrecognizable. Her heart wasn't open to being broken again, so she got rid of the girl she had been."

________

________

Around twenty-five years ago...

"Nic, my love," The voice of an angel, ironically the same meaning of her name, coming down the hallway fills Andronicus' ears as he sits at his desk, papers and important documents flooding the room all around him. His head was down, stress and anger running through his veins as his phone line hangs off his desk, broken and shattered like his hopes. He just finished speaking to some of the top five other mafia leaders, begging for their help from this gang that was reeking havoc around town and were getting quite dangerous.

They all said no, too into their own life's and their own selfish peace to send help to an ally who had helped them for years. Andronicus was livid, not being able to understand why they wouldn't just help him. It would only take a few extra men, maybe five or ten. It wasn't like he was asking for a whole armada.

Used to he would be able to handle it but with most of his attention going towards his wife and daughter, he wasn't able to recruit as much as normal. He wasn't as young as he used to he as well. It was getting harder for him and sometimes he wished he could take a step back and just live with his wife and child. He didn't understand how the rest of the leaders balanced this life with that life while he struggled everyday.