Chapter 24

"Your love will be safe with me

"Your love will be safe with me."

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

Maybe it's karma.

Maybe it's the world's way of saying fuck you after I murdered some of the inhabitants in cold blood.

Maybe it's finally catching up with me and it's time for me to pay for my mistakes and wrong doings.

But after all this time, I figured it would be me getting punished.

Not my girl.

Not my precious, sweet Eveleigh; my queen, my heart, my soul.

Not her. Never her.

Have you ever felt like your entire world had caved in? But, right as it's about to crush you, everything freezes. So you're just laying there - your world, hopes, dreams, aspirations, everything right in front of you, flashing before your very eyes, but now, it's about to completely crush and destroy you - as you struggle to breathe and think about anything else other than you're about to be fucking destroyed.

That's how I feel when the doctor walks in with a grim expression on her face, clutching the results in her hand as I try to stay strong and hold the weight of the world up before I'm completely ruined.

"I'm sorry," is all she could spit out of her mouth before I can't handle it any longer and briskly walk out of the room, leaving Eveleigh and her doctor to talk alone.

I lasted through her tears as the doctor poked and prodded her skin with needles, leaving dark bruises as they finally found a vein in her tiny hand.

I lasted through the insertion of the vaginal ultrasound camera into her, checking her uterus and ovaries for any signs of cysts or tumors as she clutched onto my hand and stared into my eyes as I talk her through her panicking and crying.