Chapter 35

"Don't let me go

"Don't let me go."

Eveleigh's POV1 year later

Eveleigh's POV
1 year later

Sighing, I kick my legs and bite my nails nervously as I look around the familiar doctor's office. My shaking hand lightly tucks my hair, that was growing fast now that it's been three months since I stopped chemo, behind my ear as I await the doctor's news that was either going to be great or not so great.

It had been a year since I called Will and he told me he would handle it all. He never told me what he did but after that night, I never received another phone call from Harry again. It was a bit upsetting to think he suddenly stopped caring so fast, but it was for the best.

Since I've been gone, Will would call me once a week, tell me how Harry was doing, and transferred money into my account for my medical bills but after five months, the calls suddenly stopped.

After a few weeks and my slight worrying, I called the number but it said it was disconnected. I figured he just got tired of having to deal with me so I let it go, the only pain being that I wasn't hearing stories about Harry every week anymore.

In the mean time, I spent most of my days at the local flower shoppe and helped out at the smoothie shoppe on the weekends when the local kids are out of school, even when I felt like absolute poop. The smoothie shoppe was really the only place the kids could hang out around here so it got pretty busy.

They were all really sweet and definitely made this new life easier for me. I enjoyed listening to their tales and stories of school and their teenage drama and they always came to me for advice since I apparently always had a smile on my face and good things to say even when times were bad.

Sometimes I would even bake desserts and the owner would let me sale them to help pay for bills since my measly paycheck didn't pay for it all. Will's generous money helped some but it wasn't enough.